Any 05-06 GTO owner willing to do this? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any 05-06 GTO owner willing to do this?

I just bought my 06 gto a few weeks back. theres alot of noise and A/C makes a god awful nise. And to be honest i dont think its performance is really what its sopposed to be like theres somthing wrong but wont throw a light. when i bought the car i changed the oil that night. Oil was black as can be and with a napa oil filter. and car didnt seem like it was takin care of like it should of been. But i couldnt pass up on the deal.

So heres my question. I live in Prince Georges County, MD. Is anyone willing to meet up somewere and can you drive my car and tell me what you think of it. Im very new to the GTO world/ GM world. ive only ownd Mitsubishi and Ford.

Tony Smith
2006 M6 Torrid Red/Red Interior
Intake and Resonator and Muffler Delete.
!!!COMEING SOON ON WAITING LIST AT SHOP!!!
Ported Intake Mani and Trottle Body and Street Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 PM

I'm from MD, but unfortunately I'm in the military and no where close to home atm otherwise I would help ya out. I don't know anyone there either with GTOs.

Change the plugs and wires (you already put full synthetic oil back in there right? 5w-30?) and if it still runs like **** you might need a tune. It could have been a modded GTO that someone demodded and left the modded tune in it. You never know. Great color by the way
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
I'm from MD, but unfortunately I'm in the military and no where close to home atm otherwise I would help ya out. I don't know anyone there either with GTOs.

Change the plugs and wires (you already put full synthetic oil back in there right? 5w-30?) and if it still runs like **** you might need a tune. It could have been a modded GTO that someone demodded and left the modded tune in it. You never know. Great color by the way
yes i put mobil one full syn back in it .. i use that on everything i have with mobil one filter. it has a volant intake on it which is dirty i just havent had time recently to clean it .. well im ordering a GREEN USA air filter for it.

would tuning a stock 6.0 help any? are you talking bout dyno tune or like the dioblo tuner plug and play?

Tony Smith

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Mine feels sluggish too. It is because you are getting used to how powerful it really is. Add a mod here and there and you will enjoy it all over again.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SixOhGoat View Post
yes i put mobil one full syn back in it .. i use that on everything i have with mobil one filter. it has a volant intake on it which is dirty i just havent had time recently to clean it .. well im ordering a GREEN USA air filter for it.

would tuning a stock 6.0 help any? are you talking bout dyno tune or like the dioblo tuner plug and play?
Dyno tune, just to be sure. Technically with our cars you should always tune it after even adding a CAI, I mean, you probably won't blow anything up by adding catback/intake without tuning, but it leaves stuff on the table and throws your tables off.

Definitely clean that filter, is it the kind you can reoil up? Volant's aren't too better then the LPE I have. Clean that sucker up, change plugs and wires and report back.

I've seen people gain 20hp on bone stock cars from a dyno tune. If anything it will let you know where your at and if everything is running right. You never know what the person did to the car before you so if the numbers don't match up to your vehicles modifications or lack thereof you will know something is wrong, it's pretty much just some reassurance for your car.

Our motors are pretty damn loud to begin with, never heard so much chatter in the valvetrain in my life before this car. Should sound similar to a big ass sewing machine. The A/C making noise is not normal. Is it making a belt noise? Is it blowing cold air?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
Mine feels sluggish too. It is because you are getting used to how powerful it really is. Add a mod here and there and you will enjoy it all over again.
He said he just got his, doubtful that it's because he's used to it by now.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
Dyno tune, just to be sure. Technically with our cars you should always tune it after even adding a CAI, I mean, you probably won't blow anything up by adding catback/intake without tuning, but it leaves stuff on the table and throws your tables off.

He said he just got his, doubtful that it's because he's used to it by now.
No need to tune for a CAI. The ECU has tables specifically so it can adjust to small changes. Will you notice a tune on a stock GTO.... hell yes! It is night and day, especially for the A4 guys.

Drive your car for 3 weeks straight and tell me it doesn't feel slow that fast. When there was nice weather I woudl take the bike. Riding it for only a few days and by the end I was used to the power, then switch back to the car and the same thing.

06SixOhGoat, I'm a bit of a drive but feel free to bring it up, I can help you do a quick once over with the car. I HIGHTLY doubt you would need to change plugs or anything yet, I'm at 60k miles and have done nothing but fluids/filters and my engine runs like a champ.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 AM

Tony,

A bunch of people are coming to manassas va on saturday if you want to come down. Idk which one is closer, jpalamar or us out in manassas, let me know if you would like the address, supposed to be a bunch of gto's... hopefully lol.

Amber
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
K&N CAI
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Penzoil Full Platinum is THE oil for a GTO
my oil was WELL below the unsafe mark without knowing and a spent a whole day racing and drove over 150 miles and it didnt even hurt my engine.

and the a/c squeak, a steady application every time you start it to the a/c pully will stop it fully in a couple weeks
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:26 AM

sent you a pm. best way to tell is get a dyno pull or take it to the track.

mods=stock 243s,85mm typhoon intake&tb,pacesetters&catless mids,85mm ls2 maf,svede otr,predator 224/231 cam,42# inj. and aComplete Street Performance dyno tune= 415/386
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

thanx for all the input all! i dont mind listing to the motor i mean the CAI makes it growl alittle more with is fine. The AC i dunno how to explain it .... like when you turn it on it makes like ....... if you hold a piece of like construction paper to a fan and let it blow around. its in the body shop now from when that guy rear ended me last weekend. yeah. after that i think imma go back to the dealer and see what they say. i bought the extra 35k/3 year extended warrenty with it. i and my wiper motor/module is out of sync or something. the highest speed doesnt work and on the delayed speeds you can set it either like reallllly slow for spinkle rain or just speed one. the second click up. and i need the fastest speed the other day. lol

o and amber i cant do sat i got a date with my little cusin lol shes 15 and was like you never come see me anymore lol so imma go up and were goin to spend the day together. shes awesome. next tiem for sure though!!!!

Tony Smith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in