LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
formerly NJGoat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Goat sighting in South Jersey

Well, i finally went to get my hair cut today and thought I'd take the ole goat out to stretch her legs a little being it was such a beautiful day.

General conversation with my hair dresser(female) about the GTO she said that another customer of hers has a black GTO. I asked her where was he from due to not seeing any goats in my area except for me and my mailman. She told me he was originally from pedricktown and now has moved to Pennsville NJ and that he was talking about having a new exhaust system put on his car which the hair dresser claimed was pretty loud. MMMM?

The other hairdresser then asked me if i was in Pennsville the day before today. i told her no and she said a GTO like mine was driving through town as well...MMMMMMMMMM?

So, after cutting the lawn and gettin cleaned up the wife came home with the kids from shopping. My mother came and picked up my daughter to go to a nursing home to visit my grandmother which left me, the wife, and in two days my 10 month old son. So she asked to go out to the local custard stand and grab some dinner. I told her to order it and i would throw the car seat, car seat protector in the GTO.

So, we head out Rt.#49 and My wife yells look!!! Turning off of Rt#45 onto Rt.#49 was an 05 or 06 Torrid Red GTO. From what I could tell from three cars ahead of me it did not have tinted window, nothing on the GTO rear fascia inserts, and it had regular Jersey plates. Never did catch up to it for it headed east on Rt.#49 towards Bridgeton Cumberland County. My local family kinda owned Pontiac dealership is on the same highway so I thought we'd put thru there while waiting for our food order and one of the salesman who knows me said. I thought I had blurred vision, did you see that red gto in front of you. That is how rare GTO's are seen in my area. The owner of the dealership saw me pull in and came out and asked me if I had any luck selling the GTO becasue he knew of my situation. My wife speaks up and says, "he is not selling this car!".

Sorry for the not so interesting story, but it was the high light of my day.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice story NJ. Bet you're glad you did not get the old Mustang? Too many firends with those rides... Talk about seeing them all around town, now that's an "understaement"

Last edited by PDQ GTO; 05-15-2008 at 08:42 PM.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
formerly NJGoat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDQ GTO View Post
Nice story NJ. Bet you're glad you did not get the old Mustang? Too many firends with those rides... Talk about seeing them all around town, now that's an "understaement"
Actually once in my life time I thought about getting a ford. It was a 2004 Mach 1. I opted for the 2004 Grand Prix GTP instead for the gadgets, HUD, Supercharger, Tap Shift, Sun roof, four doors, etc. I agree, in the next town over Pennsville Twp. That is all you see young spoiled high school kids driving around in mustangs.. Ya ever see the movie " The OutSiders" ? " Mustangs are tough Pony boy"

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Hmm.... hearing that I guess its not TOO rare to see them around here. I was on my way home from class yesterday, its a long stretch of straight road, and I knew in the area there is a QSM 05-06 GTO usually by a bar in the corner... but I havent seen him in over 2 weeks or so. So as I'm passing throught the bar.. no GTO parked there. I keep going and this 350z is trying to chase me down to race me, I slow down and he flies by (I hate that) so I dont even bother chasing him but I'm doing a little over 40 mph. THEN I see it! In the gas station to the right is the GTO with the owner filling it up. It was like slow motion I turned my head all the way to check for any kind of exterior mods.. and he gave me a thumbs up! ... I figure it would seem strange for me to turn back around and start conversation with the guy about his car, so I just kept going.

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
formerly NJGoat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramz06 View Post
Hmm.... hearing that I guess its not TOO rare to see them around here. I was on my way home from class yesterday, its a long stretch of straight road, and I knew in the area there is a QSM 05-06 GTO usually by a bar in the corner... but I havent seen him in over 2 weeks or so. So as I'm passing throught the bar.. no GTO parked there. I keep going and this 350z is trying to chase me down to race me, I slow down and he flies by (I hate that) so I dont even bother chasing him but I'm doing a little over 40 mph. THEN I see it! In the gas station to the right is the GTO with the owner filling it up. It was like slow motion I turned my head all the way to check for any kind of exterior mods.. and he gave me a thumbs up! ... I figure it would seem strange for me to turn back around and start conversation with the guy about his car, so I just kept going.
Ehhh? If the timing is right I'd probally stop. As long as the station was like really packed with cars... Heck I pulled over someone in a GTO in the cop car to ask him a question about something on his car..Now that is funny!!!!!!!! It turned out to be an employee of the local dealership who was taking it in for service for his dad who lives down by the sure in Cape May.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 09:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
"Heck I pulled over someone in a GTO in the cop car to ask him a question about something on his car"

HAHAHAHAHA ..

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 10:31 PM

Question Ė What would you have done if he was intoxicated, or you suspected he was, or if you saw a firearm at his side. How would you justify the encounter based on the reason for the stop?

Not trying to bust you, just a ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJgoat View Post
Ehhh? If the timing is right I'd probally stop. As long as the station was like really packed with cars... Heck I pulled over someone in a GTO in the cop car to ask him a question about something on his car..Now that is funny!!!!!!!! It turned out to be an employee of the local dealership who was taking it in for service for his dad who lives down by the sure in Cape May.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
A cop friend of mine in town here will also pull over any GTO he sees just to BS with them.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
formerly NJGoat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDQ GTO View Post
Question Ė What would you have done if he was intoxicated, or you suspected he was, or if you saw a firearm at his side. How would you justify the encounter based on the reason for the stop?

Not trying to bust you, just a ?
A good cop will always find something wrong!

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
My wife speaks up and says, "he is not selling this car!".
The Boss has spoken.

100-1

GOODBYE gauge pods... :sniff sniff:

FOILED AGAIN.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in