Anyone try Hy-Tech SC#1000 Insulating Paint? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone try Hy-Tech SC#1000 Insulating Paint?

If this topic has been addressed already, I apologize; just point me to the thread.

Has anyone tried the ceramic acoustic and heat insulating paint by Hy-Tech called SC#1000? Here is the web page.

Sound Deadening vibration reducing coating

I found the product when I was doing a search for reviews of Lizardskin and this product, rather the company, was recommended over Lizardskin. One reason is you can just buy the ceramic beads and mix them in whatever paint or primer you want. The other reason is their product SC#1000 is specifically designed for stopping noise and heat. The only drawback is it only comes in white so it would have to be top coated if it is in an area that is visible. It is also tintable. I have made a couple of calls to the company and this product can be top coated with any water based latex product. You can even prime your trunk, paint on this stuff, then splatter paint (since it is water based), then clear coat. So know you have protected your trunk, insolated it for sound and heat, and you were able to keep the stock looking splatter paint without having silver foil stuck everywhere.

So I am just wondering if anyone has tried it and what is your opinion of the product?

Thanks,
Dale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGolds View Post
If this topic has been addressed already, I apologize; just point me to the thread.

Has anyone tried the ceramic acoustic and heat insulating paint by Hy-Tech called SC#1000? Here is the web page.

Sound Deadening vibration reducing coating

I found the product when I was doing a search for reviews of Lizardskin and this product, rather the company, was recommended over Lizardskin. One reason is you can just buy the ceramic beads and mix them in whatever paint or primer you want. The other reason is their product SC#1000 is specifically designed for stopping noise and heat. The only drawback is it only comes in white so it would have to be top coated if it is in an area that is visible. It is also tintable. I have made a couple of calls to the company and this product can be top coated with any water based latex product. You can even prime your trunk, paint on this stuff, then splatter paint (since it is water based), then clear coat. So know you have protected your trunk, insolated it for sound and heat, and you were able to keep the stock looking splatter paint without having silver foil stuck everywhere.

So I am just wondering if anyone has tried it and what is your opinion of the product?

Thanks,
Dale
dont know about this but i see the are hyping insulating house paint. that is bogus so who knows about the car stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Paint Shop Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in