User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Interior Colors Dash Metal / Cluster

Hey Guys,

Very new into the scene and have searched endlessly on the web for this answer.. (spending a lot of money on a paint job, so I want it to be nearly correct)

Okay... My original colors for 66 Lemans were the Dark turquoise and Interior Green. So every option is green. Plastic Dash, Dash pad, Metal Dash, seats, Console, Steering wheel.

Now, I am painting it the Night watch blue and interior going to black or parchment. Can someone run through what each of those should be depending on the two options? (And the gloss factors for the dash)

Or point me towards a resource?

(If this is better suited in the interior section or has been answered...let me know)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum.

This 1966 DUPONT should help. Its their guide showing their color codes, also shown is the interior painting schedule of sheen's.

GTO Jr. - A.K.A. SPRINT 6
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
thanks for posting this, I was in the process of trying to find the paint codes for the interior. Do you happen to know if they call out the color of the gauge housing and gauges themselves?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 04:21 AM

Garage
The Dash/Gauge Bezel in my '66 LeMANS is un-restored and I would say the face is a matte/semi black as well as the Gauge pods.
Even though it's showing its age/wear you can still see the slight shine.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That is very interesting.

Just so I am clear. If the car was painted Dark Turquoise and had the trim package 220...

The left column color would be 9287-LH
The right column color would be 9273-LH ?

And if you were trying to make a new combination.... (Nightwatch blue and parchment)

You would just need to follow this for your combination?

Thanks!

(And your car looks VERY similar to what mine came with originally...wish it was in the same shape though!!! )
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 04:49 PM

Garage
You are correct on the chart one being FLAT and the other SEMI (60/degree gloss)
Not sure those old numbers/codes would be of any help, unless you can find longtime supply house with archive access.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
One other thing you can try is called a "profit match". Most decent automotive paint supplie places will have the meter.

Take the part to a paint store, they will take it out into the sunlight and will use a computer to pull 3 tests.

When I purchased my car, paint code was unknown so needed to buy a bottle of touchup paint for some small chips by the door. Cost me like $10 for a small bottle with brush inside. Came out at 99% reading and now I know the color that matches their library. They can even provide it in a puff can if you wanted to spray it.

Once my dash is out (been putting it off), I'll get a reading of the gauges and see what they share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Paint Shop Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in