I decided to invest in decent paint equipment, rather than pay someone to paint the Chevelle.........OK, I can't afford to pay someone anyway, but that's beside the point.
I bought this set of DeVilbiss paint guns from Eastwood.
I converted my "boat house" into my "paint booth"...
Hung 4 150 watt flood lamps from the ceiling.
They illuminated the table pretty well.
Put all the pieces in epoxy primer/sealer.
It was right after this that I read Thors comment on getting dirt/dust on his primed parts and he thought it was due to using a table. I had the same experience....lots of particles in the paint. I hand sanded the primer to get the dirt and un-even texture of the primer down flat again. What a PITA. Epoxy primer isn't supposed to be sanded and it balled up under the paper and I had to constantly clean the part and paper to get it off.
Once I was OK with the surface I went ahead and had the original paint matched from a fender and shot everything Orange. EVERYHING got hung and wiped with tack cloth just before painting.
The fender got set on a tall saw horse. There is NO bondo work done on here. I can't do filler to save my soul and since this is SUPPOSED to be temporary, I just painted over the patch seam. Doesn't look too bad until you get really close.
Not perfectly smooth by any measure, but it IS shiney.
I shot the lower window channel too. Another PITA to prep. All that work to paint a strip of metal 1.5 inches wide.