paint/interior/top options - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
paint/interior/top options

Can anyone tell me if starlight black was a color option with the white top and parchment white interior. I'm having the car sprayed but it was originally red and don't want to do things wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
You could have special ordered any of the classic GTOs with most any options and color combination you wanted, including custom colors.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:07 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Starlight Black and Cameo Ivory were the ONLY two colors where you could order ANY interior and top color, because all colors work with black and white. Rukee is right about the variety, though. And you could order some weird combos if you wanted to. I was surprised to learn that you could get a gold interior in a burgundy '67. Weird, but I guess it would look ok. The weirdest one I've seen lately is a gold interior in a red car. The GTO Restoration Guide lists all available combos for all years. But, you have a no-brainer on your hands. With a black body, you only have one interior choice: RED!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Red would look sweet but i live in the south where any interior color other than white will permanently bond your butt to the vinyl. Thinking starlight black, white top, parchment white metallic interior.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Parchment interior would look great too and also would raise the uniqueness factor of your car! There doesn't seem to be that many white interiors out there. Maybe more in the south due to the "perm. bonding of the butt" aspect. I see alot of black interiors around here. Then again, in the northwoods, a little extra warmth never hurts, usually....

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am restoring a 65 Hardtop, red exterior with a white (Parchment) interior. Can anyone tell me where to find the original color specs for the interior? What pieces' of the trim, doors, dash, etc. should be White, Red or Black.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
I can tell you right now: No matter what the body color, on GTO's and all Tempests, if you had a parchment interior, it goes like this: White A pillars, white door tops, white rear panel tops. White headliner, black package tray. Black headliner optinal. Carpet is black, on floor and door panels. Dash and dashpad is black, and steering column and wheel is black. The full size cars, like GP's and 2+2's had parchment interiors with other carpet/dash colors: a Nocturne blue '64 GP would have blue dash, wheel, carpets, but ****e seats. I have parchment in my '67 Conv't and I love it. I live where it's HOT, and a black interior is not an option with the top down!!! Go for it! BTW: I think parchment interior would look better with a red car than a black one. Just my opinion.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
BTW: I think parchment interior would look better with a red car than a black one. Just my opinion.
The car was originally red, but i've wanted black for a long time. Just a real classic look.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I always thought my color combo was wierd (martinique bronze/gold int./fawn top) I do think that black with white top and interior would look stunning!

1966 GTO bored 389 Tri-Power, Powerglide(#'s Match)

{GTO, Lariat, Galaxie, Glastron, & Yamaha} -Tyler-
PURDUE AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Paint Shop Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in