User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
the parts place trunk splatter paint rubbish

hi, i bought 2 tubs of there aqua black splatter paint, as i am in australia it cost me $90 shipping, which adds to the pain, anyway paint arrived full of lumps, no matter how much i mixed it the paint stayed lumpy, i bought 3 paint guns, the first 2 had 2.5mm nozzels or 1/8 inch these are big nozzels but both guns glogged up straight away, i then bought a shutz gun which has a hugh nozzel and i managed to spray it, but it basically went on in lumps and did not cover correctly after spraying 2 tubs into the trunk, 1 tub should have been enough, so after wasting all the money on guns, paint, shipping, and my time i was pretty @#$$#@ off, i emailed parts place and they said paint must have froze in transit, bollocks, the paint had just gone off probably sat on the shelf too long, i asked for refund on just paint, not shipping, or send me another 2, i would cover shipping, they replied cant help me, not interested in trying to work it out, any decent buisness would have worked something out, they just were not interested, i have since googled the parts place and found lots of unhappy customers, some like me warning to stay away from them, others also complaining about the paint, i know people that have used the paint and it was fine no argument there, but the stuff they sent me was rubbish, i warned them refund or i will be on the net letting people know, they never replied, sold me rubbish and cost me a lot of time and money, so here i am letting you guys know they dont give a @#[email protected] about customers, i will be posting elsewhere too bugger it ....im giveing them a serve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
...sorry to hear about your misfortune.
i can only imagine what it must be like trying to pull off a project in australia!
i'm in alaska so i deal with issues like this as well, but probably still not as difficult or expensive as being 'down under.'
by the way, that's the longest run-on sentence i've ever read! ;-)
good luck moving forward with your project...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Paint Shop Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in