Source for interior paint?? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Source for interior paint??

I need to repaint the frame around the windshield of my '66 convertible. I am replacing the windshield and restoring the dash and the paint on the frame needs repainted. My interior color is Parchment. Where can I find the correct paint for the metal frame? Most of the paint I see online is interior paint for vinyl not for metal. Anyone found a high quality, Parchment color, matching paint?
Thanks in advance,
Miami Ragtop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Ragtop View Post
I need to repaint the frame around the windshield of my '66 convertible. I am replacing the windshield and restoring the dash and the paint on the frame needs repainted. My interior color is Parchment. Where can I find the correct paint for the metal frame? Most of the paint I see online is interior paint for vinyl not for metal. Anyone found a high quality, Parchment color, matching paint?
Thanks in advance,
Miami Ragtop

i just went through this. dupont can do it. the old paint codes dont work but the jobber was able to call dupont and get a formula. it was expensive $70 a pint.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 AM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
The paint inside a Parchment interior car is considerably whiter than the upholstery. It's an off-white, like an eggshell white, but not as "yellow" as the Parchment. I ended up getting what was left in a painter's gun after he shot an old Ford in Wimbleton White....it was really close. Incorrect, though, due to the gloss. You can get really good results from spray paint in cans, if you get the coor match. All it takes is prep and some sanding, if needed. Good luck.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
correct color will be custom blend from major paint companies or get paint supplier to come out to shop and they have a camera setup for getting the right recipe for color matching.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

I found the interior paint !!
The product is Spray Max 2K paint and hardener in one can. The dealed matched the color from a small sample I took in, mixed the color, filled the spray can, paid around $22.00, and I was out the door in 10 minutes. The color match was spot on, easy to spray, dried hard and fast. They say the coverage area is about equal to painting a current model bumper. This is a German Company that makes a great product.
SprayMax: Spraymax
Miami Ragtop
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 01:32 AM

I know this thread is old...but has anybody found where to purchase the correct paint that goes on door panels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Paint Shop Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in