Alabama Speed traps!!(post 'em) - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alabama Speed traps!!(post 'em)

When you drive back from pensacola SLOW down through BRANTLEY,AL on 331. I HATE those pigs there. 4 lane road goes from 65 to 25 in about a half mile!!! I was in my girl friends jeep and was doing 65 saw the reduce speed ahead sign, bumped off the cruise, saw a 45 sign, and bam,,blue light special! got me for going 48 in a 35mph,,I said I dont think so I JUST passed the damn 45 sign, and havent passed the damn 35 yet. Didnt matter,,I had a whole car load of crap late at night he could care less, no questions and didnt even look in the car. I even had my 45 auto with me! Obviously they want money...He came back with a ticket and said sign this. I said dude, today is my birthday as you can see and I have nothing on my record for the last 10 years,,he said well happy birthday and you now have one. I signed it, took my copy and crumpled it up and threw it on the floor and said, typical redneck backass backwards hick town with cops who only care about F*cken quotas! then I left, I never litter and on my way out of town I emptied all my trash on their road! Made me feel better! I have a permit and always carry, if i am ever through there and see a cop in trouble I will keep driving! They would write me a fine if I tried to help! I HATE THAT TOWN!
OK I feel better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 03:16 PM

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 06:54 PM

All those little towns on 231 in north Florida are just as bad if not worse--Cottondale, Alford, Fountain, etc. I got nailed in Fountain about 5 years ago to the tune of about $175. You go up a little rise with a speed limit of 65, by the time you get to the bottom of the other side it's 35 and there's a local cop sitting there just cherry picking. I just came back from PCB a week ago today, in every single one of these towns the cops had someone pulled over. It's speed trap alley, and I slow down because I know they're itchin' to write someone a ticket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in