LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Garage
April 7-10th Charlotte, NC

Food Lion AutoFair at the Charlotte Speedway is April 7-10th. Many parts for sale as well as cars. They have an auto auction too. I go often enough to say not a lot of Pontiac specific parts (lot of Chevy & Ford stuff) in the swap meet area and those that are there are in my opinion, generally high, although one can most likely haggle a bit on that. Of course many general parts which can be used on your Pontiac, ie carbs, rims, GM rear ends, front end stuff, etc.. Many swap meet sellers leave late Saturday as they drive the distance to get there. I have gotten good deals at the end of the day by using the line "I'll save you from having to load it up if I can get it for $$$$."

There are a number of aftermarket vendors of all kinds in the infield area, from engines, to brakes, to transmissions, billet, and a host of other stuff. Ames is scheduled to be there the 8th & 9th. Many cars on display as it is also a great car show. Food/drinks are a bit high in my cheap opinion, so I grab a bite and fill up before I go in, but I do grab a drink/snack when I'm there. You can spend all day here if you take it all in - and bring a camera, sunscreen, & a hat. One of my favorites is to sit at the back gate where the cars come in and listen to them leave around 4:30 - 5:00 PM, great sounds. For more info: Charlotte AutoFair - The Largest Collector Vehicle Event in the Southeast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I've been attending AutoFair since 1977. Have had a vendor spot in the Blue Field for over 20 years.

Great fun for any true Car Fanatic!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2016, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lannym View Post
Please confirm dates of April 7-10, 2016 in Charlotte. Also, will there likely be several sellers of 2006 Pontiac GTOs?
Click on the red highlighted link in my first post.

Sellers of 2006 GTO's, Who knows? This is a typical swap meet and cars for sale/car show having more older cars & parts than contemporary stuff. So if I had to guess, I would say no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in