Aspiring GTO owner, in person experience SC ls2 orlando area - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aspiring GTO owner, in person experience SC ls2 orlando area

Hey, i am considering trading in my current SC 350z to a GTO. I test drove an 06 when they were new at the dealer, and was interested then.

I plan to get an 06 gto M/T in the next 6-8months and was planning to make sure its quicker than my Z (dont like downgrading). With weight considered i esimate would need around 440+ whp to be quicker, and was planning to do a minimum full bolt on, and SC setup.

I was curious between the procharger and magnacharger in person. I currently have a vortech on my z, and would prefer to stay away from the "jet engine" like noise during low rpm. Does the procharger sound this way on the GTO, and is it noticeable in the car.

Main point, is anyone in the orlando area that perhaps could allow an in person experience to either a magnacharger or procharger ls2? Would certainly appreciate any feedback on firsthand experience besides just videos...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 08:37 PM

Gto 06'

Might want to give Vengence Motor Sports up in Cumming, Ga. a call. They have installed these units on several customers GTO's and Corvettes.
kicks06
Dallas, Ga.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

thanks, have family in jacksonville, so might be worth a trip one weekend.

Dont want to do what i did with my current car and get a system without a real in person experience. I have some regrets and dont want a repeat.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

anyone else want to comment? I would greatly appreciate any Orlando goat owners that have any SC / turbo for me to hear. Or would i be the first? lol
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 07:16 AM

You can get to 440 HP with heads, cam, headers, and tune. Hot Road or HPP had an article about 2 months ago, added I think 89 HP with those mods.

From the one day I spent at the track, I found the maggie cars very quiet at idle/low rpms. They'll whine a lot up top. The procharger cars you could definitely hear it at idle.

Maggie makes power down low, procharger up top. Been reading forums for years and the prochargers seem to do the quarter faster. Traction off the line being a problem, the powerband of the procharger seems to be more beneficial at the track. As a daily driver, the down low power of the maggie has more advantage on the street in non race situations.

Full bolt-ons and SC, you'll be over 500rwhp. You'll need tires to put that to the ground, and don't forget a clutch fund.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

thanks, very helpful, i think will go the maggie route, 500whp is a lot of beef and if im around low 12s or high 11s, more than enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in