I am hosting a cruise-in at Hooter's of Lake Norman in Mooresville, NC every Monday night from 6 pm to 9 pm (or later if you want). This is the second year we have had this cruise-in. It was started by Tom Bless in June of 2006 at Zaxby's in Mooresville. We continued to have the cruise-in there through October. During the months of November and December, we hosted two big Saturday cruise-ins, one in each month at Hooter's to try out the new location. We were running out of room at Zaxby's and they would not let us use the entire parking lot. So we tried Hooter's. The two Saturday events were a huge success with anywhere from 75 to 100 cars! That was the last cruise-in we had until we started a new season on April 19, 2007. Since then, every Monday night we had a cruise-in. The season is scheduled through October 8, 2007 - so there is not much time left before the end.
During the end of July, Tom Bless was no longer able to host the cruise-in due to personal issues. Kevin Flick and I took over to keep the cruise-in going. It is not as big as it was when Tom was doing it, only becasuse there was an entire month of rain and clouds that eventually allowed the interest to dwindle away. Plus, the extreme heat has turned people away until later in the night with cooler temperatures. We got it back up to almost full potential. The past three weeks have seen a very good turnout - with most of the parking lot filled with showing cars (we have not been blocking off the entire parking lot).
When the season is over in October, we will host two more big Saturday cruise-ins, just like the year before. One will be held on Saturday, November 10, 2007 and the other will be Saturday, December 15, 2007. These dates are still plans but I believe they will be perfect days! We will also be doing two additional Saturday cruise-ins to begin the season. These will be Saturday, February 9, 2008 and Saturday, March 15, 2008. We will begin the next season on Monday, April 7, 2008. Again, these are all tentative dates.
Back to this year. Next Monday (or the following), we may have a special "appearance" from a team that performs pit stop shows! I guess that is the best way to phrase it. Anyway, that is still in the plans! So whoever can make it out this year, we would love to have you.
Some more details about cruise-in:
- The parking lot will be blocked off for those that wish to show their vehicle.
- ALL VEHICLES ARE WELCOME TO THIS CRUISE-IN!!
- When registering your vehicle at the registration table, fill out the small form for the FREE raffle that is done at 8:30 pm. Fill out the big form if this is your first time at the cruise-in. You will not need to fill out the big form after that until the next season.
- Anyone who registers their vehicle by 8:30 pm will receive an orange ticket for 10% off all food at Hooter's that night!
- Hooter's may have beer for sale outside at a discounted price. This will depend on Hooter's and should not be expected.
- We may have additional raffles, free or not, at some of the cruise-ins.
- THERE WILL BE NO BURNOUTS OR ANY KIND OF RECKLESS DRIVING. The Mooresville Police will come due to the local businesses calling with complaints. We do not want to have this cruise-in shut down. PLEASE RESPECT THIS!
- PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE DRUNK. HOOTER'S DOES SELL BEER AND OTHER ALCOHOLIC DRINKS. If you do not feel like driving or if you have had too much to drink, there will almost always be someone to take you home or you can call a cab! THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING!
- From the south: Take I-77 north to Exit 36. Turn left off the exit ramp and go to the second stop light. There will be Shell gas station and a Hardee's on the right. Turn right onto this road. You will come up to the last road (I believe) on the right. This is Gallery Center Drive. Follow the road until you see Hooter's on the right!
- From the north: Take I-77 south to Exit 36. Turn right off the exit ramp and go to the first stop light. There will be Shell gas station and a Hardee's on the right. Turn right onto this road. You will come up to the last road (I believe) on the right. This is Gallery Center Drive. Follow the road until you see Hooter's on the right!
- Anywhere else: PM me for specific directions and I will see if I can help.
OK guys! I think that is it! Sorry for the long post. If you have any questions, please PM me! Again, there are only 5 weeks left! So hurry and come on out to these cruise-ins!