LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to lisatw151
Southeast Goats--Carolina Goat Herd Track day

Everyone is welcome!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to get your brains started thinking about an upcoming track day, sponsored by the Carolina Goat Herd. I've been in touch with Mike Bradley, co-owner of Pageland Dragway, in Pageland, SC. He has given me the go-ahead to post up and get some interest going in another track day like we had last spring. The date we are looking at is Sunday, Oct 21st and it would be very similar to the last event we had there. The exact time is yet to be determined... again, this is a general, get-your-brain-thinking about it post.

For those that aren't familiar or couldn't make it to the last one... Basically, Mike opens the track up to anyone that owns a GTO. It will be on a Sunday and open to us only. This is a private GTO event and we ask to keep it that way only to keep the sheer number of people down, and allow us to have the track solely to ourselves. It will be fully staffed, the track prepped and the computers running. Last year the track also had a cookout for us and still didn't charge a dime. What we did last time, and intend to do this time, is have a very informal day. No classes, no keeping track of things (unless you do so yourself). That's just more than we want to get involved in, and there are plenty of other opportunities in the region to run at actual structured events. This is more of just a get-together... meet and greet... cook out, hang out, find your friend (or enemy) and run 'em. I guess you could say it's test n tune get together. LOL!

Mike (and Jeff & Tim) do this out of the goodness of their hearts, and their love for racing and in the past, have not charged a dime. This time, I am proposing a nominal $5, at-the-gate, entry fee, whether you're racing or spectating. This is obviously not a 'no-cost' venture for the track. And of course, if you'd like to donate a little more than $5, that would go a long way toward off-setting the costs. Last year was completely free and we passed a bucket, but I'll be honest, I was a little taken aback at the small amount of money that was collected. Again, $5/car is next to nothing, and Mike would never ask for this himself.

Again, this is just a feeler post. I wanted to go ahead and get it on the boards so everyone could be thinking ahead. We had 28 GTO's there last year. I'd love to see even more this year. CGH... we're so widespread that we don't have many opportunities to get all of together in one location. Pageland is very near the NC/SC border, so this is kind of a central location to everyone.

Y'all post up and let me hear your thoughts!!!

Again, anyone in the region is welcome. Va, Ga, Tn, Fla goats... y'all are all welcome. Keep any eye here and if I start seeing interest, I'll do some research into hotels in the area. The closest city of any size is Monroe, NC and it's about 20 minutes from the track. They have most of the popular name-brand hotels, restaurants etc... There are also a couple of brand name hotels in Hartsville, SC about 30 minutes south of Pageland.

If y'all have any questions and need to, you can PM me.

Let's go have some fun CGH!! It's been a long time..

Oh... the track is 1/8th mile, IHRA sanctioned track. It's my home track and I will tell you... these folks do it right!

www.JPDragway.com

04 blk/blk M6 Yeah, it's stock. Stock LS6, that is ;)/Kooks coated LTs/Kooks midpipes/GMM ripshift/SLP Pulley/AMW catchcan/AZA Z1's 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 rear/Toyo T1r's/BMR dragbags--and more :D/Built & tuned by Nick Williams/369rwhp-365rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 05:12 AM

Definatly interested! Please keep us posted!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm definitely interested and would plan to be there. I think $5 per car is low; as you mentioned, the track is a business for these guys and they should make some money. Don't know that I'm interested in racing my car but the event sounds amusing.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 PM

i'm down as long as i'm not working on my nova that weekend.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 07:48 PM

I would definitely be interested.

2006 Brazen Orange Metallic, 6-Speed, 18" Wheels
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:34 PM

Anybody else? Huh? Huh?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 12:24 PM

what's the latest on this event? is it happening or not?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 08:55 AM

There's an official sign-up over on ls2gto.com

2006 Brazen Orange Metallic, 6-Speed, 18" Wheels
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 11:47 AM

i'll have to miss out. mom just called saying i'll have to play mechanic on her car tomorrow which will then involve me working on the nova.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in