Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Drag Radial Help!!!!!!!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GTODEALER 
#1 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE MICKEY THOMPSON DRAG RADIAL IN A 275/40R17 WILL FIT WITH STOCK WHEELS? HELP!!!! I ALSO NEED PICS OF ANY 275/40R17 DRAG RADIALS INSTALLED? :willy:

#3 ·
If you're talking about the Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radial, 275/40R17, according to their specifications these tires are designed to fit on a 9" wide wheel. With a tread width of 10.2" and a section width of 11" I'm not sure how they would fit the stock wheel. The stock tire section with is about 9.5". I have a brand new set of ET drag radials (same size) mounted on a set of 1993 Corvette wheels (blade-type, 17" X 9.5" with a 56mm offset) and they fit snugly on my Goat. There's only about a 1/4" clearance between the tire and the inner wheel well. And the tight fit is due to the wide section width. And they would definitely rub the fender lip under hard acceleration. Hopefully you can use some of this info during your search for the right setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.