User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just purchased a 2005 GTO!

Hi guys (and gals),

I just purchased a 2005 GTO that has been sitting for a couple of years. I need to have it towed to my place (it starts and runs, but I don't trust the brakes) and it is sitting on a flat tire, and the previous owner somehow broke the valve stem. Of course, there is no spare tire. My question is if a spare tire from other GM vehicles will fit the car, or is the spare specifically for the GTO. It seems that while Holden is a GM division, they didn't use the same parts bin as their American cousins. I just found that the key fobs are specific to this model and need to be programmed by a dealer.

The good part is that the car has no rust, no dents, a six speed and only has 80K miles - and it was cheap. The bad part is that it needs new tires, the exhaust is missing from the axle back, the spare tire, jack and trunk carpeting is missing, as is the rear wing. The brake rotors are rusty, but he gave me a set of new rotors and pads. The finish on the door panels is peeling in some spots. At least the seats have no rips or tears. It is 100% stock - right down to the air cleaner, so it has not been molested by someone. (That's my job! - Just kidding)

What do y'all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in