User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
IPC Shift Light/Programming

FYI - I searched prior to posting this, and was unable to find any info on GTOFORUM about this,

There is a flash mod that a LS1GTO forum member has designed, that will turn on a rpm shift light & sound warn at max rpm shift point. he also has designed the ability to tell what gear you are currently in, on an "M6" (N,1-4 only) http://community.webshots.com/album/278428425kPdyyI/1.
Also he can turn off certain features currently present in the IPC. For all the information please see the "entire thread":

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showth...76&page=1&pp=40

The reason I am posting this thread, is to spread the knowledge, but also to try and get 11 more GTO owners in Southern California area who are interested, to join the L.A. list. If we are able to get 20 GTO's who would like this mod, for either a possible group price of $100.00 dollars per car..or certainly no higher than the usual $120.00 per car cost...GTPprix will fly here and perform the mod via our cars ALDL. Normally we would have to remove our gauge clusters and send them to him. This eliminates that hassle. For the L.A. list, please see:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19007

1989 CAMARO IROCZ (Red)
305 LB9-M/T
G92 Package
17k miles

http://www.hemmings.com/users/161093/ride/2244.html
GM sponsored-Camaro "35 Years Of A Legend" Car Show
1st in class.

Super Chevy-Pomona 2004
2nd in class.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 01:15 AM

Phantom,

The ls2 link is bad. Could you check it please. Thanks
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Sorry,...Please try this link....Thanks !!

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...pc+shift+light

For all information concerning the shift light flash and other features, please read through the entire thread. The one post discussing the gear indication feature, see #123 in this thread

1989 CAMARO IROCZ (Red)
305 LB9-M/T
G92 Package
17k miles

1st in class.

Super Chevy-Pomona 2004
2nd in class.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 12:23 AM

Woah.

Yeah...I'd be interested in having that mod done.

Big time.

Last edited by Groucho; 03-22-2005 at 12:31 AM.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

The L.A. list is up to 16 GTO owners...anymore GTO's !!!

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19007

1989 CAMARO IROCZ (Red)
305 LB9-M/T
G92 Package
17k miles

1st in class.

Super Chevy-Pomona 2004
2nd in class.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 02:38 PM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, PhantomTiger!

It's gonna be cool to have the shift light and tone!

Also, I't going to be much better to be greeted with this instead of the disingenuous Pontiac logo on startup!

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-26-2005, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Happy to spread the word, and looking forward to the mod myself !!!
Also looking forward in meeting you Groucho, along with the entire SOCAL list of fellow Goat owners !!!

1989 CAMARO IROCZ (Red)
305 LB9-M/T
G92 Package
17k miles

1st in class.

Super Chevy-Pomona 2004
2nd in class.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-27-2005, 11:48 AM

Because of the regional nature of this thread, I've moved it to a more appropriate forum...

https://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=1922
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 08:46 AM
gar033

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I followed this link and found out that there's a lot of complaint about this mod. Funny thing appears to be that it is some kind of scam, or something, run by the same people who run that forum and all complaints and issues are instantly edited out by the forum moderators, who themselves are the same people organizing the group installations by regions. Apparently, someone got a free tip from Australia and got the idea to pass on the mod over here at $120 a shot in groups of 20 or more. Apparently this mod is nothing more than a cosmetic light blink and a a sound beep without any practical application whatsoever. The shift light comes on and off at a preset time completely unrelated to your car's optimal performance. Shift light points you should be able to set according to your car's performance, something that will vary according to the mods it has, or has not; and may vary from place to place. It is not something you can determine and install in 5 minutes.

There is talk out there about the moderators themselves posting under fake usernames for motivational and spin purposes organizing gp (group purchases) from which they themselves skim a percent of the total sales.

Right now they are organizing a gp on some new gauges, which I must say look good. Apparently some member had started some thread searching for info on some new performance monitor gadget called a D200. Allegedly, the D200 is a new type of monitoring device that works with your car's existing PCM system and can read and display any performance parameter you so desire on a touchscreenn pad, much like a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=personal%20organizer" onmouseover="window.status='personal organizer'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">personal organizer</a>. There is no need to run wires, install senders, so on and so forth. It is simply plug and play. They say this <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=new%20technology" onmouseover="window.status='new technology'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">new technology</a> (some say it is not that new) will make all gauges obsolete. It can handle any type of input whatsoever including those optional sensor modules, like EGT, which may indeed need signal amplifiers. This unexpected development interfeered with their on going effort on the GP, as well as getting a new sponsor for their web site. I am told they went after the guy with fake usernames to include racial slurrs. The guy apparently is a hacker or something and managed to expose some hidden moderaors thread they had on going unveiling all the private talk and the real scheme behind their true commercial activity. A quarrel ensued and insults were exchanged, the guy got banned and all the info was edited out. The gp is still going.

I don't really see what all the fuzz is really about since everybody knows that forum is a money making machine. What people are complaining about is the ficticious and deceiving way they are running the forum editing out any negative feedback about any of the products or sponsors. You only get the pink side of the story.

I would show much restraint and concern about this thread and who really is behind the post advertising a service offered, in reality, by the moderators of a competing forum with compromised credibility.

Last edited by gar033; 03-29-2005 at 08:53 AM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-29-2005, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar033
I followed this link and found out that there's a lot of complaint about this mod. Funny thing appears to be that it is some kind of scam, or something, run by the same people who run that forum and all complaints and issues are instantly edited out by the forum moderators, who themselves are the same people organizing the group installations by regions. Apparently, someone got a free tip from Australia and got the idea to pass on the mod over here at $120 a shot in groups of 20 or more. Apparently this mod is nothing more than a cosmetic light blink and a a sound beep without any practical application whatsoever. The shift light comes on and off at a preset time completely unrelated to your car's optimal performance. Shift light points you should be able to set according to your car's performance, something that will vary according to the mods it has, or has not; and may vary from place to place. It is not something you can determine and install in 5 minutes.
Um, No, it's not. The computer kicks in the fuel cut-off at a pre-set point...I for one will pay to have a light and tone sound ~200 RPM before that happens. Sure, your optimal shift point may vary with extensive mods to engine but i don't plan on doing any more than simple intake / exhaust mods.

Other functions this performs is delete the amber CAGS light, dims the annoying MPH light (I know there is a TSB on this but I don't have the time to go to the dealer for this), and eliminates the Pontiac startup graphic in favor of a cool, custom HSV graphic (or not, depending on preference). To me, this stuff is worth $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gar033
There is talk out there about the moderators themselves posting under fake usernames for motivational and spin purposes organizing gp (group purchases) from which they themselves skim a percent of the total sales.
Right now they are organizing a gp on some new gauges....*snip*

I would show much restraint and concern about this thread and who really is behind the post advertising a service offered, in reality, by the moderators of a competing forum with compromised credibility.
Waitaminnit-- some people are actually making money off of me? No way! Get out!! The stink of Capitalism is befouling our wonderful car? Whatever shal we do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in