Northern California GTO owners sound off! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Northern California GTO owners sound off!

Hi,

I'm Max and I have an 04 GTO that I plan on running a few times at Sac Raceway and maybe even Thunder Hill (an hour north of me.) I live in the Capital of California and love the comradre that local car clubs bring.

BBQ's at parks, steaks at the Outback, racing whatever.

I founded the California Nissan 350Z Club when people still thought the Z's were "a Lexus or Porsche" lol so let's see if we can get a local forum on here jumping because that car club started with 6 of us, I sold the 350Z and gave the club ownership away when the California members were racing regulalry, going to Starbucks and boasting over 110 members strong! We were in the process of creating a non adhesive Nor Cal window sticker for meets etc which would require a designer etc, it takes lots of help and input trust me.

I'll start.

I am Max and I am a 40 year old divorced male. I have an 04 GTO that I did the intake, exaust and tuning on. I'm working on weight reduction now, I removed the skid plate and gutted the trunk for starters.

On Wednesdays starting in February you can find me here getting in about 5 runs for 15 bucks and our cars just love the cold air!

http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/

Right now the Saturday events are 40 bucks and you are only allowed 2 runs as a street car, this is for the big dogs running 10's but still fun to watch! I just don't reccomend racing on Saturdays for bang for the buck you spend an hout just sitting in line each run! Click the Wendesday schedule.

As for finding a track in California even if it's just to get a baseline or a 13 sec time slip for your files try here:

http://chasinracin.com/track-locator/states/ca.shtml

My website of my car's progression is in my sig and I would like to see this section hopping, free pic hosting, nice members etc so let's all sound off if you are in California! Oh BTW, Happy New Year 2005, park the Goat party in moderation and STAY SAFE!

Last edited by MaxHax; 12-31-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:47 PM

I'm down in Bakerspatch...a bit of a haul to go to Scare-a-mento but if I ever do drive that far north I'll sing out!
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 10:55 AM

Central Valley Racers

Might be interesting to get a Central Valley group together and meet for lunch now and then. I'm in Oakhurst, near Yosemite. Just bought an '04 strictly for open road racing. Might be a sport you're interested in.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 01:24 PM

Vallejo checking in here. Get up to Sac pretty often when the weather gets better. Couple of local area groups for GTO's and Pontiacs.

gggoats.org

norcal-ls1.com

westcoastpontiacs.com

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wolin
Might be interesting to get a Central Valley group together and meet for lunch now and then. I'm in Oakhurst, near Yosemite. Just bought an '04 strictly for open road racing. Might be a sport you're interested in.
Yeah...be cool, that.

Open road racing? I assume this is a closed-course time trial thing. Where is this held? Sounds like fun.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

What's up B-Town and V Town? The same thing happened with my Z group we ended up having three chapters North, South and Central and the Central and Southern Chapters had many more members. Does that mean people in Sac are broke? LOL, I know the Dealership where I bought my car currently has zero GTO's and to me this is a good thing. I was at Howe Ave Park yesterday with my dog (they have an off leash park for dogs) and I saw a bright orange 1969 "The Judge" GTO restored and it was very clean. He did have an aftermarket exhaust on the bottom with an ex pipe and a Edelbrock high rise manifold with a chromed out Holly 750 on top of it. Everything else on the top end was chromed out and the lower block was painted light blue and he said it was recently blue printed. He lives near me and we exchanged names and numbers. He was boasting close to 600 in torque and just moved here from NYC. His name was Ted, cool guyÖ
I hope he shows up here at our website because the car was bad azz. I gave him directions to the track and where to park for spectators and he seemed interested. He started it up for me and it just growled with a mean lope to it as it just purred. His hood looked almost identical to GasTiresandOils and after seeing the 1969 Judge hood and the RK hood I am rethinking my upcoming hood purchase next week. It seems to me that that RK hood is closer to the true muscle car 1969 appearance and well you canít beat the price. I mean even our fog lights were located in almost the exact same spot (except our grilles were different of course. It was a great surprise to run into a 1969 Judge less than a mile from where I live. He even showed me the original manual that said 1969 on the cover. I really feel the potential for a California GTO club is there!

Anyway, I went to Junior High in Vallejo (Springstown) and then moved to Fairfield for HS and donít mind driving for meets.

I still know lots of old timers at Norcal LS1, I used to hang with them when I had my Z28 before Jeremy the Founder died. Awesome car club that still meets regularly thanks for the links!

GT&Oil what hood did you get it? It is awesome and is to be my next purchase and also who installed and painted it?
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHax
Anyway, I went to Junior High in Vallejo (Springstown) and then moved to Fairfield for HS and donít mind driving for meets.

I still know lots of old timers at Norcal LS1, I used to hang with them when I had my Z28 before Jeremy the Founder died. Awesome car club that still meets regularly thanks for the links!

GT&Oil what hood did you get it? It is awesome and is to be my next purchase and also who installed and painted it?

When did you go to Springstowne? I went there when I was in Jr. High from 91-93. It go a lot worse after I left even though the race wars weren't very pleasant while I was there.

This is my first year with NorCal and the people seem to be very friendly and supportive. It sucks about JP but that is the hand he was dealt.

Lastly, the hood that I have was made by a friend of mine that is from Vacaville. I came up with the idea before the car was even released. I was on the waiting list for months before I got to put the hood on the car. I bought a 1970 GTO hood from a man in NY. We spliced together the 70 hood and another 04 hood, yes I still have my original hood. Turned out very well and am still working on getting the flappers to work off of a vacuum valve for throttle repsonsive flappers. The hood is 100% steel and doesn't have any unneeded vents and slots like others do. I wish I could have made a mold to make CF hoods and glass hoods, but the mold maker 4x his price once he found out what we had and how many we were going to be able to sell. Oh well, someday maybe. Hope to see you about the meets for NorCal if you get a chance.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 09:41 PM

San Mateo here.

2004 GTO, Barbados Blue, M6,
Not Stock
My Family Home Page
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Alright! California is checking in!

Hey everyone!

Yeas GT&O, I knew JP when he was healthy enough to still race and was the N20 King at Sac Raceway. He was the "squeezemaster." If you ever run into a guy named Brandon (his mom is on the Admin Board of NorCal) shoot him my email he hasn't seen my Goat yet. Yeah too bad about Jeremy the last time I seen him he was close to death and it was pretty sad that he had to die slow like that may he RIP.

Anyway, I went to Sprinsgtowne in 79-80 and was the only "whiteboy" there lol but I make friends easy and enjoyed my time there. Back then the race card was played pretty heavily and I have to admit I graduated from the school of hard knocks growing up in the nighborhood I did as a "cracker" but it gave me the charachter I have today and I wouldn't change much.

I made allot of good friends there and still know people there, I stayed off of Admiral Callahan Lane at the top of the hill there in some apartments and used to walk quite a ways to school and I recall many fights lol.

This would be good coffee talk man to reminence over them days it was the best of times it was the worst of time (as Dickens would say.) I joined the US Navy in 1980 to sorta get out of there and grow up and when I got out I went to Sac in late 84 (I am 40.)

Anyway I would of course want a lighter hood but yours looks tite and like I said hollar at Brandon for me and let him know I bought a Goat because he used to racer my 350Z that had both N20 and a Procharger and I haven't seen him since then, also tell him and mom that I got divorced he will understand he knew what I was going through back then.

Later man!

Max
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 10:02 PM

Racing

Take a look at my post under racing for links to all the open road racing sites. After you've done one of these, half an hour at 150 mph or so, you'll never go back to autocrossing.

Re: California GTO owners - why don't we plan a get together for lunch in a midway spot - Modesto, Turlock, Merced, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in