Oegon GTO O A - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oregon GTO O A

My wife and I went to a meeting for the GTO Owners' Association in Portland, (The closest chapter for us,) this friday. The "Goatherd," as they call themselves, seem like a nice group of folks.
I wish we didn't live 1 1/2 hours away from the members. It would be cool to become a member, but the driving, kids, and my work schedule make it rather impractical for me to really make a legitimate commitment to the organization.
I would recommend checking them out if you do live in the PDX/Vancouver area. They meet @ Larry's restaurant in Milwaukee on the first Friday of every month.
They are currently looking forward to their big annual show and event in Eastern Oregon on Memorial Day weekend. There will be Dragracing. They also have a class for those who have one of the new GTOs to show them. It seems like it would be really cool to hang out with these people, but again, my location and lifestyle are such that I really can't afford the time and energy to contribute properly. Hope you found the info. useful.

Happy Motoring,

Maximental

Last edited by 05GTO; 02-07-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 09:55 AM

What part of Oregon are you from?

I'm currently living in Detroit Michigan, but am planning on moving back to the Central Oregon area later this year... Is it possible to open a smaller chapter for GTO's closer to where you live?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

RE: What part?...

I live in Corvallis, which is the home of Oregon State University. I guess it would be considered to be in Western Oregon.
I don't think your idea would work very well. Maybe just a non-specific car club would be more possible. Heck, there may be one already be one out there that I don't know about because it's not very well publicized. To my knowledge, there aren't really that many GTOs around the local area. Eugene or Salem would be the closest cities of any significantly large population.
Keep in touch, I wouldn't mind being able to meet someone who has another GTO, and is willing to hang out on an occassional saturday or something. If you lived out here before, you know that there are lots of cool places relatively close by to drive to. Who knows, maybe we could get some others to drive in from other places to go with us.

Happy motoring,

Maximental

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in