for the silver GTO owner in Carlsbad / Encinitas who tries to race everyone - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for the silver GTO owner in Carlsbad / Encinitas who tries to race everyone

First let me say that I really like GTO's. A friend of mine in OC has one and they're great cars. Quick, reliable, reasonably priced and american (which I like). However, for the 22-ish year old kid who has the silver one in the Carlsbad / La Costa / Encinitas area, please stop racing from streetlight to streetlight every chance you get (middle of the day, fog, in traffic, whatever). Your car's quick, we get it. You've tried to race me in my Audi 3x and on Labor Day, I saw you try to get a Gallardo to race (what were you thinking on that one?)

Come on, man. At the very least do that stuff in one of the empty industrial parks that are all over the place around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryswede
First let me say that I really like GTO's. A friend of mine in OC has one and they're great cars. Quick, reliable, reasonably priced and american (which I like). However, for the 22-ish year old kid who has the silver one in the Carlsbad / La Costa / Encinitas area, please stop racing from streetlight to streetlight every chance you get (middle of the day, fog, in traffic, whatever). Your car's quick, we get it. You've tried to race me in my Audi 3x and on Labor Day, I saw you try to get a Gallardo to race (what were you thinking on that one?)

Come on, man. At the very least do that stuff in one of the empty industrial parks that are all over the place around here.

Do I sense jealousy??
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWeber View Post
Do I sense jealousy??
not really, but like I said they're great cars - just not for me.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 12:49 PM

So when do you want to race me in your Audi. I beat a Chevy Aveo this morning, and smoked this lady in a Minivan at lunch time.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5ORGTO View Post
So when do you want to race me in your Audi. I beat a Chevy Aveo this morning, and smoked this lady in a Minivan at lunch time.
Nice kills
I had bad luck, losing to a Ford Focus yesterday, but bounced back strong today with a win over a Prius
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryswede View Post
I saw you try to get a Gallardo to race (what were you thinking on that one?
C'mon man. With only a few mods that GTO could hang wit dat Gallo. Well, quarter mile, not 100+.

Kinda sounds like one of those ricer boys got a hold on a car with real power.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5ORGTO View Post
I smoked this lady in a Minivan at lunch time.
Nice Kill! I hear those Dodge minvans are like 0-60 in ten minutes.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 08:11 AM

I wouldn't worry about too much there, angryswede, he'll get a ticket or two soon enough if he doesn't wreck his car first. Keep an eye on the news so you can tell us when it happens.

You also might want to check other GTO boards as this is not the only one
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjured View Post
I wouldn't worry about too much there, angryswede, he'll get a ticket or two soon enough if he doesn't wreck his car first. Keep an eye on the news so you can tell us when it happens.

You also might want to check other GTO boards as this is not the only one
you guys all seem really cool about this, a lot of boards would blow up if someone got called out for driving like an idiot around town. I actually had a guy I know who he's friends with from an audi board say that he saw this post, so I'm assuming the GTO owner saw it as well.

It's just kinda annoying to see him racing up and down one of the busiest streets in southern california on a regular basis, not to mention dangerous. I'm all for fast cars and racing around, but there's a time and place for everything, you know?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 12:29 AM

hey im here, i had to wait for the forum to approve my user name, i had my buddy talk to you through audizine, when i first had the car i really liked "going fast" everywhere i went, but i have stopped this behavior,(tickets mainly ) my buddy you talked to on audizine was in the car when we saw that gallardo, there was a clear stretch on el camino (although im not saying i raced it though.) i race track a lot, and avoid "street racing".

although i am not angry, i NEVER have tried to race a white audi ever, much less your car. im almost 100% sure i have never tried to race you. everyone speeds, sometimes people speed in a stupid manner, i admit i have done this, but DO NOT make a habit of it and WILL NOT in the future.

im sure there are people in the audi-world driving carelessly fast constantly.

it seems we live in the same area, next time you see me around give me a honk or a wave, from what my friend says your a pretty cool guy.

im sorry if i offended you with my driving behavior that i utilize rarely. im glad you care enough to look out for other people or me for that matter if that was your concern, but i am careful contrary to what you may have seen, and i do respect peoples safety and laws.

-thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in