SoCal IE muffler shop needed (Fontana, RC, Ontario) - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SoCal IE muffler shop needed (Fontana, RC, Ontario)

There's a bunch of you guys out here in the IE with Goats.

I've got an H-pipe...need a shop to cut the mids, remove the resonator, and weld in the H-pipe for a reasonable price. Don't want to do a sawsall job and clamp it on the mids...

I've been quoted from $75-100...seems like a lot.

Been a long time since I've had exhaust work done on a vehicle. All you Muffler Dudes...if $75 is about right, chime in. I've read posts where guys have had H-pipes fabbed and installed for $125 though...

If you've got a reference to a decent shop that'll do it for less, let me know.

Anticipating the responses... Yes, LTs or shorties (gotta love the CARB) and hi-flow catted mids are in the future. H-pipe and a tune will have to satisfy this burning mod itch I've got, until I can get the wife the new G35C that we put on hold to let me get the Goat.

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 PM

hey wats up man try "THE MUFFLER DOCTOR" in Ontario just yellowpage it to get the number the guys are pretty cool and Ive never been BS'd on prices I got 2 Magnaflows and and x-pipe for and $375 Installed very good work from what Ive seen Hit em up and tell me how it goes if ya go.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO6 View Post
hey wats up man try "THE MUFFLER DOCTOR" in Ontario just yellowpage it to get the number the guys are pretty cool and Ive never been BS'd on prices I got 2 Magnaflows and and x-pipe for and $375 Installed very good work from what Ive seen Hit em up and tell me how it goes if ya go.
Done. $35...

Thanks GTO6. Just how you described em.

Very satisfied. Good work. Good people. Will go back soon and get two Magnaflows installed for $275.

Ernie mentioned a guy in the area with a stock GTO with Magnaflows that I could listen to...would that be you?! 4" dia or the 6" dia muffs? When can I hear it bro? Want to hear how much louder they are than stock...

"Ernie" at "The Muffler Doctor" in Montclair (just east of Central on Holt). Highly recommended for IE Goat owners looking for a good shop with fair prices...

For those wondering...with A4 and stock exhaust: H-pipe at idle...smoother, more gurgle, little louder outside. On street, hard accel...quieter inside, definitely louder and throatier outside. On freeway...less/no noise inside car. All exhaust noise comes from the rear.

WOT on onramp at Central to 10W on way back to work from shop = Major SEG.

Now, time to start reviewing headers, catted mids and a tune...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:22 PM

heres an old post I did, Ill soon post one of the take off hope this'll do for now.

https://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.p...ht=give+listen
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

GTO6...just pm'd you. Give me a call. Want to hear your car in person if possible. You're probably within five miles of me...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in