Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you had a choice....

..which front end do you like better. I have never been a big fan of the Pontiac grille. IMO, it looks too much like the Grand Am. I have been looking into replacing mine with a Holden or Vauxhall front end.

If you could have yours any way you wanted it, which front end would you choose?

Vauxhall..

Holden..

or the Pontac.

I would pick the Holden, myself, but, what do you think?

Last edited by Tacmedic; 11-08-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Spelling errror
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I would do the Holden too.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Just for your info the Vauxhall front end is a Holden front end it is the HSV option. To answer your question I like the standard Monaro look but l like the agressiveness of the Vauxhall/HSV. I also think it looks better as a whole package not just a front end change but I know its boocoo bucks. So for just a front end change the Monaro looks better it flows with the body lines, I think the Vauxhall front looks better as a whole body kit package.

Last edited by GM4life; 11-08-2008 at 12:05 PM.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm4life View Post
Just for your info the Vauxhall front end is a Holden front end it is the HSV option. To answer your question I like the standard Monaro look but l like the agressiveness of the Vauxhall/HSV. I also think it looks better as a whole package not just a front end change but I know its boocoo bucks.
Yup, I could only see it happening if my original front end was damaged.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 03:19 PM

I hear you and agree somewhat about the Pontiac grill looking Grand Amish but...that's what it is and I'm a purist so I would stay with Pontiac.

If you look at styling history, car lines are relatives and have a resemblance for better or for worse. I'm driving a Pontiac developed by Holden but I still want and drive a GTO. Just my 2 cents.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
In 1959 Pontiac featured the split grille. It became a Pontiac trademark. That is what really distinguished Pontiac from other cars (along with the WideTrack but that's a different story.) Pontiac did deviate in 1960 from the split grille but in 1961 the split grilled returned and since then the split grille has been PONTIAC.

Many complain the GTO has the split grille and it looks like a Grand-Am or a Grand-Prix. Every GTO made had a split grille. The new age GTO's resemble a Grand-Am BIG DEAL. The 64-72's (disassociating the endura fronts) with their split grille resembled the Lemans, or Tempest. The Split Grille IS THE PONTIAC trademark. My car is a GTO, a GTO is a Pontiac. I want my GTO to look like a Pontiac GTO, not a Pontiac Monaro. I see GTO's decked out with Monaro badges etc. They are clones to a Monaro as the VIN reflects it as a PONTIAC GTO.

I brought my car because I am a GTO fan and it carried the GTO namesake. Had the car said Monaro, I would not have purchased it. It would have been my loss though. I wanted a GTO. Split grille or not and despite the resemblance to another Pontiac, it is what it is with Pontiac's signature split grille TRADEMARK.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 11-08-2008 at 04:17 PM.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
The Vauxhall HSV looks a bit unbalanced to me, and the Holden Monaro looks too tame. I have the option to get either one of those as of monday... I'm going to stick with the Pontiac. Monaro would be my second choice.

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
In 1959 Pontiac featured the split grille. It became a Pontiac trademark. That is what really distinguished Pontiac from other cars (along with the WideTrack but that's a different story.) Pontiac did deviate in 1960 from the split grille but in 1961 the split grilled returned and since then the split grille has been PONTIAC.

Many complain the GTO has the split grille and it looks like a Grand-Am or a Grand-Prix. Every GTO made had a split grille. The new age GTO's resemble a Grand-Am BIG DEAL. The 64-72's (disassociating the endura fronts) with their split grille resembled the Lemans, or Tempest. The Split Grille IS THE PONTIAC trademark. My car is a GTO, a GTO is a Pontiac. I want my GTO to look like a Pontiac GTO, not a Pontiac Monaro. I see GTO's decked out with Monaro badges etc. They are clones to a Monaro as the VIN reflects it as a PONTIAC GTO.

I brought my car because I am a GTO fan and it carried the GTO namesake. Had the car said Monaro, I would not have purchased it. It would have been my loss though. I wanted a GTO. Split grille or not and despite the resemblance to another Pontiac, it is what it is with Pontiac's signature split grille TRADEMARK.
I see your point, but I guess I am just not that brand loyal. I wanted one of these cars before they were called GTO's. I used to look at the European magazines and wonder why they didn't sell them over here, so I fell in love with what the car was before it was a Pontiac.

I loved the old GTO's and had a close friend in high school that had a '69. We had many good times in that car, and I always wanted one, but I don't connect this car with the older ones as much.

I still want a '69
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 06:52 PM

Good choice

....and put very nicely Judge.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 07:56 PM

I'm with Judge on this. I like the GTO as a Pontiac. When you start getting into turning it into a Monaro it's like the Ricers that turn 240SX's into Silvia's and the Infiniti G35 into a Skyline. It's just not what the car realy is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > GTOforum Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in