Pontiac G8 GT - Pontiac GTO Forum
View Poll Results: Planning on purchasing a G8?
Plan on trading GTO in on a G8? 0 0%
Plan on purchasing a G8 and keeping GTO as well? 6 15.00%
Gonna wait to trade GTO in on a future G8 GXP? 3 7.50%
Just keeping Your GTO and not buying a G8 31 77.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
formerly NJGoat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Pontiac G8 GT

Fellow goats, I saw there is a Pontiac G8 forum up and running. I am just curious if any of you are planning on purchasing the New G8 GT? I am wondering if anyone is gonna trade their goat in for one, or just buy one to keep along with the goat. Or. if anyone is watin' for the G8 GXP version to come out. Like I said I was just curious. So i made a pole on the subject. I plan on keeping GTO unless more problems come along.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan

Last edited by NJG8GT; 03-03-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
formerly NJGoat

Garage
I always mess these poles up.

I meant to put a vote for those who plan to keep the GTO. Can GTO Judge or anybody help me with this? Thanks.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm debating whether to go for a Honda S2000 in the next couple of months as an addition to the stable or, waiting to see if the G8 GXP materializes. The two cars are apples and oranges. I love the S2000 (for very short periods) but I think the G8 would be the car I could live with longer term. I do like the comfort and utility of a nice sedan. Gas is not a consideration. I only drive 24 miles round trip per day.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
formerly NJGoat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing_Nut View Post
I'm debating whether to go for a Honda S2000 in the next couple of months as an addition to the stable or, waiting to see if the G8 GXP materializes. The two cars are apples and oranges. I love the S2000 (for very short periods) but I think the G8 would be the car I could live with longer term. I do like the comfort and utility of a nice sedan. Gas is not a consideration. I only drive 24 miles round trip per day.
There is a Honda S2000 that I see once in a while down the street who visits someone in the neighborhood. It may be an older one, not sure. Its light blue in color. It is nice and all, but it would have to be an addition to the stable for me. I'm curious to see if they do come out with the G8 GXP. The GXP would have to put up better numbers than the stock GTO for me to buy one. I would hate to give up something lightening fast for something less. (unless I continue to have problems with the goat). But, then again, I guess the G8 is coiming from the same bloodline as the GTO. The four doors would be nice for me with two small kids though. But, then again when my family takes a road trip we take the wifes Tahoe most of the time. Unless it is a nice day! Hopefully they will get the GXP in before the big horsepower decline!!! Decisions Decisions!! But, then again, my wife showed interest in the G8 and trading in the Tahoe if the stroller fits in the trunk. MMMMM. Then I could have the best of both worlds.

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 10:50 PM

I would love a G8 over the GTO. Though I got so much money into the GTO it's not worth it. Maybe in a few years once work picks up again, though till then I'm stuck with the goat. Though I do see a G8 with twins coming my way sooner or later.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing_Nut View Post
waiting to see if the G8 GXP materializes. The two cars are apples and oranges.
According to our brothers over at G8forum it is going to materialize. And with the new LS3: LS3 Confirmed - G8Forum.com - Pontiac G8 Discussion Forum

I get to keep my old GTO but my dad is already planning for the GXP G8. He drives a 1/2 ton truck and is ready for some speed once again.

1966 GTO bored 389 Tri-Power, Powerglide(#'s Match)

{GTO, Lariat, Galaxie, Glastron, & Yamaha} -Tyler-
PURDUE AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:39 AM

I've seen a great video on the G8 and it's quite a machine. They exclaim it's the best Pontiac ever and no mention of having any connection to the GTO but there are deffinate similarities.

Sounds awesome and handles increadibly pulling 8g's in the turns.

Still......it's not an option or replacement for a GTO for my tastes. Perhaps when I'm older
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:39 AM

I am really excited to get behind the wheel of the G8 GT.
I would consider the G8 as a replacement for my dd BMW, but would never give up the goat, either of them.

Russ

21st Century Muscle, The Soul of a Legend!

70 Palladium Silver HT 400/AT *SOLD* Elvis has left the building.
2004 YJ M6
2008 IOM G8 GT
Secretary, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, Susquehanna Valley GTO Tigers
http://svgto.com
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspantienator View Post
I've seen a great video on the G8 and it's quite a machine. They exclaim it's the best Pontiac ever and no mention of having any connection to the GTO but there are deffinate similarities.

Sounds awesome and handles increadibly pulling 8g's in the turns.

Still......it's not an option or replacement for a GTO for my tastes. Perhaps when I'm older
Just a correction there Frank: that would be .85g, no 8g!

Russ

21st Century Muscle, The Soul of a Legend!

70 Palladium Silver HT 400/AT *SOLD* Elvis has left the building.
2004 YJ M6
2008 IOM G8 GT
Secretary, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, Susquehanna Valley GTO Tigers
http://svgto.com
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 AM

Yeah...that would be really something with my numbers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > GTOforum Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in