Speeding tickets in your GTO - Page 2 - Pontiac GTO Forum
View Poll Results: Get a speeding ticket, what were the charges?
5 to 10 over 18 12.41%
11 to 15 over 19 13.10%
16 to 20 over 27 18.62%
21 to 25 over 20 13.79%
26 to 30 over 11 7.59%
31 + over 50 34.48%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been fortunate enough not to have received a ticket yet in my 05' Black on Black GTO... knock on wood. (knock, knock, knock) However, I do have a rather... errr... "cute" story to tell about my previous 01' Torch Red Corvette.

I live in North-East Michigan and was traveling "down-state" (as we say here in the sticks) to visit my family one weekend, about a 175 mile trip. Whenever I get on I-75 Southbound on a Friday Night I always, at least at some point, exceed 100 MPH.

I travel this route about once a month so I am very familiar with the local radar locations and avoid as necessary... However, I was traveling southbound on I-75 doing ~100 MPH and came to the top of a small hill, suddenly "BUZZZZZZZZT!" my radar detector when wild. It was a sound I had never heard before (or at least not that I recalled) so I knew immediately it was Laser and not Radar. Of course my first reaction was to hit the brakes (silly boy) and as I headed down the hill I saw the Cop turn his headlights on, wait till I passed, and he proceeded to follow and eventually pull me over.

He walks over to my Vette with a big ear-to-ear grin on his face and says "You know, we're out here this weekend testing our new Laser Gun and I clocked you going 85 over that hill. And then a split second later at 75."

I, off course, said nothing.

He proceeded, "You know, that fancy radar detector you have ain't gonna help you at all with this new Laser."

I, remaining quite, handed him my license and registration and he walked back to his vehicle.

You know, that is the longest 3 minutes of your life, waiting for the Cop to come back and give you a ticket. It's like they postpone it as long as possible just to keep you in agony.

Anyway, a few minutes later he walks back and hands me my driver's license and registration and says "Well, since we're just testing this system tonight I'm gonna do you a favor and let you off with a warning. But understand, once this testing is complete, you won't be able to hide."

I finally spoke "You're only testing this evening?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's right, just testing." He replied.

I couldn't hold back, I actually tried to but couldn't, "Well then you better get that thing fixed because I was doing well over a hundred when you clocked me."

Complete Silence. I figured I blew it bad and he was going to pull me right out the window and lock me up for good.

He just stared at me for awhile, and eventually, smiled just a little bit, and finally said "Get outta' here."

Well, needless to say, he didn't need to tell me twice. Color me gone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSSoft

I couldn't hold back, I actually tried to but couldn't, "Well then you better get that thing fixed because I was doing well over a hundred when you clocked me."

Complete Silence. I figured I blew it bad and he was going to pull me right out the window and lock me up for good.

He just stared at me for awhile, and eventually, smiled just a little bit, and finally said "Get outta' here."

Well, needless to say, he didn't need to tell me twice. Color me gone!
That was great!! Very funny!!
post #13 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 01:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to YouHolden?
I got a 52 in a 35...in Beaulaville or something North Carolina (worst speed trap in the state) on the way back from the beach...right where it goes from a 35 to a 55 on a two 4 lane road. I might have pulled it off but i got clocked at 65. Fortunatley my dad grew up out there and he knew enough people to get it completley expunged. Which is good since it is my third ticket (just my first in the goat).

He had a ****ty old crown vic to...i could have just been gone...since he had to wait for traffic to go by...sometimes it just doesnt pay to be an honest citizen.

post #14 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 02:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to JMVorbeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouHolden?
I got a 52 in a 35...in Beaulaville or something North Carolina (worst speed trap in the state) on the way back from the beach...right where it goes from a 35 to a 55 on a two 4 lane road. I might have pulled it off but i got clocked at 65. Fortunatley my dad grew up out there and he knew enough people to get it completley expunged. Which is good since it is my third ticket (just my first in the goat).

He had a ****ty old crown vic to...i could have just been gone...since he had to wait for traffic to go by...sometimes it just doesnt pay to be an honest citizen.
No dude, you did the right thing. Running from the cops could get you or someone else killed. Instead of getting a ticket and then expunged you would be heading to "Pound me in the as* prison". You may have outrun the Crown Vic but not a ghetto bird or his radio. Dont ever do it, it is not worth the risk.
post #15 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 05:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to StocktonRaider
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
No dude, you did the right thing. Running from the cops could get you or someone else killed. Instead of getting a ticket and then expunged you would be heading to "Pound me in the as* prison". You may have outrun the Crown Vic but not a ghetto bird or his radio. Dont ever do it, it is not worth the risk.

Funny, but true.
post #16 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 12:20 PM

As long as im in the city im good. im in pretty good with the cops.

heres a story though. I was 16 and my friends and i were driving to my friends house. we were going down rt 5, a 55mph divided highway (2 lanes east 2 lanes west) it was me (in my moms mini van) and a trooper in a bronco or somthing. my friends started in on me.. oh you dont have the balls to pass him and stuff like that. well being a stupid kid i did. well i got pulled over. when the cop came to my car he asked me how fast i was going. i said "55". he said to me i was doing 65 and you passed me. i told him "better get your speed-o fixed... i was wondering why you were going slow" he looked at me like he couldnt believe what he was hearing. he took my paper work and went to his car. about 5 min latter he comes back hands me my paper work and told me to slow down.. i said ok and left.. no ticket. i still cant believe i got away with that.
post #17 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 10:01 PM

Got a picture of the Car in the Mail....Sneaky Red light cameras!...That light was Pink when I went under it....$94.50 ...for a little continuation of traffic.....05GTO beware these cameras going up all around us....This was at [email protected] Hill...these cameras are not on the traffic signal Line. They are on the corners and look like crosswalk signs....Sneaky Bastages
post #18 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Send a message via MSN to JMVorbeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatacular
Got a picture of the Car in the Mail....Sneaky Red light cameras!...That light was Pink when I went under it....$94.50 ...for a little continuation of traffic.....05GTO beware these cameras going up all around us....This was at [email protected] Hill...these cameras are not on the traffic signal Line. They are on the corners and look like crosswalk signs....Sneaky Bastages
I thought we (The US) were getting away from those things, and you say they are just now putting them up?
post #19 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 PM

Some have been in use a while.....but they are increasing the numbers in Atlanta Metro Area
post #20 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 06:12 AM

I have been stoped two times. The first just after I got it, I think the local cop just wanted to ID who owned the car. I have lived in my present house for 25 years and They all know me. I was doing 52 in a 45 @ 0530 am. The second was while in the Downriver Cruise. I was not speeding, the cop was just upset because I got to 35 mph to fast and he happened to be talking to a couple of ladies while I buzed past him. Of course I had my little bro with me and a couple of friends. I just gave him my info waited the 4 long minutes and got just a warning. He was a motorcycle cop - State PO PO and I think was just showing off that he could pull me over. So I thanked him and went on Cruzin. I have been lucky a few times as well (Knock Knock on wood). I was stomping a Mazda 8 and came around a corner to see a local guy just comming on to the road I was traveling. I work in Ford country and get a lot of glares from all the guys who have the new mustangs (you see them everywhere - it's like someone was giving them away) and the guys who work @ Roush. But I just tool away in my rare red GTO enjoying the rareity of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > GTOforum Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in