User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Tom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
04 Dead Pedal - Again - How I Made This One

I just made an infinitely adjustable dead pedal. I had a piece of thick solid (mostly solid) aluminum angle iron laying around the basement.

I cut a piece about 5" long, drilled a half dozen holes in it to resemble the other pedals (should have drilled 5 holes two then three instead of two rows of three), rounded one corner, filled the one big hole it had with marine tex epoxy (what was laying around the basement), painted it the dupli color silver I had in the basement from the spoiler fill plugs, put interior trim panel plugs in the holes to match the other pedals, heavy duty velcro tape on the side and viola, a dead pedal that matches. but for the unintentional run (one was intended on the corner where the foot will keep hitting it) it looks pretty good.

holes could be lined up a little better, but it was done as a "art project" with my 11yo niece, she drilled, and it was her first time with a power tool. my wife threatened me if I make another one before I do other home projects.

I was going to drill a few holes and mount it to the kick panel, but then i felt wires behind the kick panel, and noticed the kick panel is not mounted that solidly. the flex I have is the panel, not the dead pedal.

total cost, under $2, if I dont like it I just roll it off, if I want to move it, just roll off and stick back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I just made an infinitely adjustable dead pedal. I had a piece of thick solid (mostly solid) aluminum angle iron laying around the basement.

I cut a piece about 5" long, drilled a half dozen holes in it to resemble the other pedals (should have drilled 5 holes two then three instead of two rows of three), rounded one corner, filled the one big hole it had with marine tex epoxy (what was laying around the basement), painted it the dupli color silver I had in the basement from the spoiler fill plugs, put interior trim panel plugs in the holes to match the other pedals, heavy duty velcro tape on the side and viola, a dead pedal that matches. but for the unintentional run (one was intended on the corner where the foot will keep hitting it) it looks pretty good.

holes could be lined up a little better, but it was done as a "art project" with my 11yo niece, she drilled, and it was her first time with a power tool. my wife threatened me if I make another one before I do other home projects.

I was going to drill a few holes and mount it to the kick panel, but then i felt wires behind the kick panel, and noticed the kick panel is not mounted that solidly. the flex I have is the panel, not the dead pedal.

total cost, under $2, if I dont like it I just roll it off, if I want to move it, just roll off and stick back on.
pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in