'05 M6 owners - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
'05 M6 owners

Hey there, do your cars have a dead pedal (driver's foot rest) to the left of the clutch like the Pontiac brochure promises or not? Please chime in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 10:15 PM

I have heard that some very early '05s lacked the dead pedal. I looked at a black/black M6 today and it had one. I don't know if the A4s get them or not.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:20 PM

Are you talking an actual pedal that matches the other three? Because mine does not have one. Just a flat spot on the floor that acts as a foot rest.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 06:38 AM

Mine does, it is a black rubber peice on the floor for your left foot. Problem is it is a tight sqeeze that to get your foot on the dad pedal it hits the clutch. They should have moved the clutch and brake pedal to the right a little which would make for beter heel toe operation and give more room to the dead pedal.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 08:02 AM

I thought they already moved the pedal over some to allow for heal and toe braking. Or was that just me imaging things. Also how is the shifter feel. I heard it has a slightly better feel to it than the 04's. Not to bash the 04's.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supsan
Mine does, it is a black rubber peice on the floor for your left foot. Problem is it is a tight sqeeze that to get your foot on the dad pedal it hits the clutch. They should have moved the clutch and brake pedal to the right a little which would make for beter heel toe operation and give more room to the dead pedal.

Depending on the shoes I'm wearing I sometimes can't fit my foot to the left of the clutch pedal very easily. Kinda have to slide it under the pedal then up into place.

But's there no black rubber piece. Wonder if I could get one from the dealer...or maybe mine is special...yea that's it!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 04:15 PM

yeah, there's a dead pedal, or more accurately, a dead raised spot on the floor. and it's a tight fit, but that's fairly normal for a sports car.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 05:14 PM

So now I'm confused. Some have them, some don't? Is it a matter of manual/auto? I double checked mine today--no black rubber/plastic piece on the floor for a dead pedal. But there is the dead "carpet" spot where a pedal should/could be.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:09 PM

Just to clarify, the '05 I looked at the other day had a "bump" to rest your foot on, but no actual pedal. No rubber covering or aluminum - it was a carpeted raised spot. Which is still better than my flat '04 floor.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNick
Just to clarify, the '05 I looked at the other day had a "bump" to rest your foot on, but no actual pedal. No rubber covering or aluminum - it was a carpeted raised spot. Which is still better than my flat '04 floor.
Mine has the carpeted one I looked at the automatics and they do not have one on LS1.com there is a thread showin a pic of the Aussie Holden right hand drive that actually has the matching metal I am waiting for an answer on ordering and part number for it I will go back and find the link.

By the way it is a tight squeezzzzzz between the clutch and dead pedal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in