05 M6 performance parts - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
05 M6 performance parts

What power programmer should I use on the LS2 and where would I look to get one...I am also looking to get a CAI, who's should I go with. I know lingenfelter and KN both make one but I was wondering with which I would get the most luck out of...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 PM

SCT is coming out with software (I would assume programmers as well) very, very soon. My only experience with SCT was with Ford cars and trucks and it is, by far, the best software we've ever used. Made my 01 Cobra go from 12.90s to 12.50s...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 103
SCT is coming out with software (I would assume programmers as well) very, very soon. My only experience with SCT was with Ford cars and trucks and it is, by far, the best software we've ever used. Made my 01 Cobra go from 12.90s to 12.50s...
Wow. What mods did you have beside the tune? Does the programing they provide take mods into account? Do you know a website?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 10:34 PM

K&N (just filter), aluminum fw w/Centerforce Dual Friction (crappy combo and actually hurt me a lot), aluminum driveshaft, solid rear axle (as opposed to the stock IRS) with 4.30 gear, TKO (as opposed to TR3650 tranny--stock was more efficient but weak and the TKO robbed a lot of power; it actually made the parasitic loss saved by removing the IRS moot), and 24 inch slicks (275's on 9 inch wheels up front, hehe).

In cooler and dryer conditions, the car probably would have performed much better, but it was in the 90s and 90% humidity when I was running these times. I couldn't get better than high 12.80s and it was running consistent 12.90s/13.00s at about 105. Then I drove down to Miami (from Jacksonville) to get Jerry at SCT to give me a tune (at that point a flash, but I put the same program on a chip later). The dyno results were ok. I went up about 5 rwhp max and I can't remember torque. But what he did was COMPLETELY change the curves.

So I took it to the track and ran a 12.6something right off the bat. The biggest deal was that my mph went up to 110. After that we got it running consistent 12.50s and even a few 12.40s with a best of 12.42 @ 109.55. And this was full weight with larger than stock wheels/tires up front with my large rear end in the seat. The best part was that I could go to my local SCT dealer to reburn the chip with slight changes to improve things here and there. Now, that part is dependent upon the dealer, but I understand most of them will do that. My dealer actually brought a laptop to test and tune and would tune on the spot, but I think THAT kind of service is rare no matter what.

Superchips Custom Tuning:
http://www.sctflash.com/main.php

They are based in Orlando but have dealers all over the country. And they stand by their product. If you get the full package (whatever it's called) you get the burner and everything setup for your car right out of the box. Of course, you can get the tuner, too, but I've always felt they were unsafe as if you have a power failure during the transfer, your PCM will not function and would need to be reflashed by a dealership. That's how it is with Ford EEC-V PCMs anyway.

I loved using SCT and, when I have the money again, I will be using them again for my GTO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in