06 m6 - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
06 m6

My car currently has a little above 6k miles on it. Just recently there is a whyning/screeching noise coming from underneath the car when i am decelerating and sometimes it continuse for up to 5 min after the last time i touch the gas peddle. When i took it to the stealership first they told me that they didnt hear any noise and that we needed to go for a drive. I got in the car and before i even shut the door i told the machanic to hit the gas a little he did and the noise came up. He said that he heard it and he thought that he knew what it was. Said he would put it up on the lift and see what he could do about it. About 45 min later they said that the noise that they heard was normal. They said that that noise was normal for deceleration (if thats a word) but i said that it happend well after i let off the gas. I am wonering if this has happend to any one elses car and if they just might know what it is. Quite frankly i am pissed at the stealership because it took them 2 hours and 45 min plus a quarter tank of gas to tell me that there was nothing wrong with my car. Sure enough soon as i left the stealership the noise started happening again. When i was talking to the machanic he told me that he didnt want to take the time to find what might be the problem and drive my car "until it blows up" that way he would know for sure what the problem was. He said he didnt want to look more for the problem becuase he only gets paid to fix problems and not look for them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 AM

i have a similar problem. mine happened after i took it to the salvage yard (just looking for a few GTO parts, i got pics of 4 totaled goats). it happened the first time i slowed down AFTER it set for couple of hours. if i remember, there is a service letter, but i think the letter is only for the A/T.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 09:38 AM

I would be looking for a new dealer. These people sound like idiots. That noise is not normal as I have never heard it on mine. I have an 2006 M/T. Some of the things the mechanics said to you are outragous. What state are you in?

2006 Cyclone M/T..K&N CAI.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM

Have you ever owned a manual tranny'd car before? They tend to make a lot of unusual noises that auto's do not.

'06 Torrid Red M6
Cam
Headers
C.A.I.
Shifter
JHP Pod
Pulley
Pedders stuff
Shizon tuned
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
You are being fed a line of bull$hit. He only gets paid to fix problems and not look for them? Drive it until it blows up? If he'd a laid the line on me the entire dealership would be knowing what he said and I'd start with every potential customer on my way the owners or head honchos office.

Call GM and tell them he advocates blowing the car up rather than diagnose a problem. This is NOT A NORMAL function. You could be having different problems causing this. A few that comes to my mind is rear end noise due to lack of proper viscosity lubrication, the gears grinding on each other with the metallic or screeching sound due to gears binding causing friction to rear end whine. Eventually it could cost you a roadside visit from a rollback. Look for another dealer and hold the clown who told told you to blow the car up accountable for his poor work ethic.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Im in california and first he tried to tell me the problem happened on ALL GTOs and then he told me that it hapend only on m/t. He says that he has worked on tons of GTOs and the problem is always there. I did talk to his supervisor and she was just as bad, as i was giving my complaint she would ask a me a question then turn around and joke with another macanic. This made me mad. I wanted to talk to her manager but he was not going to be in until today. So im gonna call in. Another thing that i didnt mention before is that when they went on their test drive the smoked the hell out of my clutch and the smell was very obvious. When i confronted the guy about it he said that i was asking the wrong guy because he couldnt smell anything due to a deviated septum. He said that the only thing that he could ever smell was a really stinky raunchy *****.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoforspeed View Post
Im in california and first he tried to tell me the problem happened on ALL GTOs and then he told me that it hapend only on m/t. He says that he has worked on tons of GTOs and the problem is always there. I did talk to his supervisor and she was just as bad, as i was giving my complaint she would ask a me a question then turn around and joke with another macanic. This made me mad. I wanted to talk to her manager but he was not going to be in until today. So im gonna call in. Another thing that i didnt mention before is that when they went on their test drive the smoked the hell out of my clutch and the smell was very obvious. When i confronted the guy about it he said that i was asking the wrong guy because he couldnt smell anything due to a deviated septum. He said that the only thing that he could ever smell was a really stinky raunchy *****.
There is a really good Pontiac dealership in Santa Clarita, CA that I use and they are very professional and good. I would recommend them if you would like.

2006 Cyclone M/T..K&N CAI.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoforspeed View Post
That must be the dealer from Hell...... Give Chris Hansen of Dateline NBC a call. Tell him you have a story for him.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 03:00 PM

Where in California are you? I'm out here and might be able to help you find a decent dealer...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_betterperson View Post
Where in California are you? I'm out here and might be able to help you find a decent dealer...
I live in Fullerton during the week and Usually im in Newport Beach on the weekends. So Cal. Any good recomendations would be greatly appriciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in