223 miles and a CEL - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
223 miles and a CEL

Cruising on the highway on the to work I get a solid CEL. Lower right hand side on the cluster. WTF! I call up the sevice dep., had to leave work early and have them take a look. The guy asks me at the desk if I put gas in it??? I said I'm on the 1st tank from the dealer still.
I then suggested that my gas mileage is at 11.3mpg and that is with stop and go traffic(45min), some freeway cruising and around town without beating on it. I felt this was a bit low but he said that's what 400HP gets ya! I made it clear I didn't buy the car to get good mileage but thought that maybe an O2 sensor or MAF was shot or something.
Sure enough the tech comes back and said that one of my O2 sensors was not reading 200MV like it should. The idiot behind the desk went back to doing papeworkr. Anyways. They ordered the part and hopefully it'll be in before the weekend. Slight bummer but these things happen. Also ran into an 04 GTO owner getting his car serviced. We chatted a bit and he offered up some good info about the Goat. At least some good came out of this. Jimmy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbojet
Cruising on the highway on the to work I get a solid CEL. Lower right hand side on the cluster. WTF! I call up the sevice dep., had to leave work early and have them take a look. The guy asks me at the desk if I put gas in it??? I said I'm on the 1st tank from the dealer still.
I then suggested that my gas mileage is at 11.3mpg and that is with stop and go traffic(45min), some freeway cruising and around town without beating on it. I felt this was a bit low but he said that's what 400HP gets ya! I made it clear I didn't buy the car to get good mileage but thought that maybe an O2 sensor or MAF was shot or something.
Sure enough the tech comes back and said that one of my O2 sensors was not reading 200MV like it should. The idiot behind the desk went back to doing papeworkr. Anyways. They ordered the part and hopefully it'll be in before the weekend. Slight bummer but these things happen. Also ran into an 04 GTO owner getting his car serviced. We chatted a bit and he offered up some good info about the Goat. At least some good came out of this. Jimmy.
howdy jimmy they can be dorks some times. i have not had the o2 problem but have had the old safty mode (gas pedal sensor). it took about 2 weeks to get the part in. neways, it seems like stuff will happend like all of us. just hope it does it all during the 36000/3yr run out
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Glad I went with the 6yr/60000 for these fun occasions. At least it's something simple.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
Quote:
Glad I went with the 6yr/60000 for these fun occasions. At least it's something simple.
can i still get my goat with a extended warn?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Don't see why not. The 3/36000 was $2500 he said. The plan I got was $1020. It may be more if you didn't do the extended at time of purchase. I do have a $100 deductible when the extended kicks in. The warantee is pro rated and I felt is a good selling point if the need ever arises(EX. $5.00/gal gas)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 04:07 PM

yeah i opted for the ext. also,, was the only good deal i got 5year 100,000miles for 1400.00, because you never know

also, once factory is over i believe you get something in mail to extend if you want, not sure on that though, maybe someone can elaborate.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ80
yeah i opted for the ext. also,, was the only good deal i got 5year 100,000miles for 1400.00, because you never know

also, once factory is over i believe you get something in mail to extend if you want, not sure on that though, maybe someone can elaborate.

Yeah once the factory warranty is up you will start getting offers in the mail for ext. warr. plans. Jumbojet that gas mileage will jump up once the engine is broken in, you only have 223 miles, after around 1000 youll notice a signigant change.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

That's good to hear about the mileage. I got 156 miles of mixed driving from a full tank. I just gased up and it took 14.6GAL/$3.19=$47 . I thought these were 18gal tanks? My needle was on almost the last red slash. Is it true that people are seeing a bit HP/TQ jump after 3-5K miles? Has this been proven on a dyno or only the butt meter. This car is a blast! I actually bought it without going for a test drive and I have no regrets. Jimmy.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 12:01 AM

Quote:
That's good to hear about the mileage. I got 156 miles of mixed driving from a full tank. I just gased up and it took 14.6GAL/$3.19=$47 . I thought these were 18gal tanks? My needle was on almost the last red slash. Is it true that people are seeing a bit HP/TQ jump after 3-5K miles? Has this been proven on a dyno or only the butt meter. This car is a blast! I actually bought it without going for a test drive and I have no regrets. Jimmy.

That is true once it is good and broken in it will free up and youre hp/ tq numbers should jump up. You should be able tofell the difference when you go WOT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in