ABS Fault - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ABS Fault

We had some snow today and the traction control went off a couple times while taking off from a stop. Nothing out of the normal and this was with 2nd gear or even 3rd gear rolling stops. When I was almost home, the traction control kicked in again and then an ABS Fault warning came up on the display with the Traction Control Off icon showing. The ABS is not working at all and the same with traction control. I checked and changed the fuse even though the original looked fine. I have turned the car off and on several times and the warning comes up still. Any ideas on what might be wrong? I will take it to the dealer but want some advice so I know what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:01 AM

My guess is a wheel sensor since you are also getting the ABS fault. They feed info to the ABS regarding brake lockup. Everyone i know that has had ABS problems on any brand has been wheel sensor. Should be a quick fix under warranty.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 02:43 PM

Try driving the car again but without acctivating the T/C. The warning should go away. This happens all the time on the dyno when they forget to turn off the T/C.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 PM

Just got an '06 and the second time I got in the car, the ABS fault and the TRAC OFF came on. I was very pleased with the purchase....<insert sarcasm here>. Anyway, it has come on and off about 20 times in the last week. It only appears to come on when I'm going down the highway and I romp on it hard in 3rd or 4th gear. I guess that would be similar to being on a dyno. Any thoughts?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarshack View Post
Just got an '06 and the second time I got in the car, the ABS fault and the TRAC OFF came on. I was very pleased with the purchase....<insert sarcasm here>. Anyway, it has come on and off about 20 times in the last week. It only appears to come on when I'm going down the highway and I romp on it hard in 3rd or 4th gear. I guess that would be similar to being on a dyno. Any thoughts?
Yes, take it to be checked out, something doesn't appear to be right.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 PM

Well, I took it in and it appears that it's the left rear wheel sensor. Not to my surprise, they had to order the part. However, they cleaned the contacts and it has not come on since I picked it up and they couldn't get it to come on after they cleaned the contacts. I plan on letting them change it out, but thought I would share the progress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in