User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
kgc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Auto trans aftermarket shifter

Got my new LPE / Revenge GTO on Sunday. Runs great. Can't do the 6 speed anymore- knees are shot.

So I need a good aftermarket shifter - with precision detents, etc.

Anybody got experience / suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 11:52 PM

Can you post pics of your car? Is your tranny the stock 4L60/5-E or some aftermarket tranny. If it's the stock tranny why would you want an aftermarket shifter? Just leave it in 3 and floor it. I would not suggest to manually shift a stock tranny. But I have not seen any GTO specific automatic aftermarket shifters, only on GTO's with aftermarket TH400's. I would think any aftermarket shifter would work as long as it is designed for a 4L60. I know its your car it just my opinion.
If you want more performance out of your auto tranny have your car tuned or get a hand held programmer to get firmer shifts, by geting rid of the Torque Management.

Last edited by GM4life; 09-27-2007 at 11:58 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
kgc

Auto trans aftermarket shifter

I posted pictures in the Gallery -

My auto trans has been remapped by Lingenfelter. It shifts like "right now!" This is my first high performance auto trans car since my 69 Hemi Cuda (sure wish I had that car now!) and the Hurst shifter for the torqueflite was amazingly good. My left knee is just about shot so I sold my Z06 - couldn't stand the cramps when getting caught in our miserable Bay Area traffic.

This car accelerates very quickly and it would be great to manually shift it now and then and not fear going past the detents. The stock shifter is awful. I've looked at the Hurst and B&M shifters with the gates (the shifter in my '07 Lexus is perfect - it has the up and down auto-shift gates) but was checking on this form to see if anyone had installed something that worked.

I'll keep checking.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in