B&M Update Kit / Topping Off M6 Fluid - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
B&M Update Kit / Topping Off M6 Fluid

Lacking the time and proper tools like a decent pump (I prefer not to wear synthetic tranny fluid) I had RP Synchromax put into the tranny last week by a BMW mechanic I've known for years and trust..my Holden was the first non-Bimmer he's had in his shop! While he had the Goat on the lift, he pointed out where the gasket under my B&M Shifter install was torn and leaking fluid. I've just received the Update Kit from B&M so...guess what I'm gonna do this a.m.?

Also- when he drained the tranny and pumped in the RP...I unfortunately forgot that the capacity is 4.6 qts and must be topped off via the b/u switch....so the tranny was underfilled...about 0.6 qt low. So...I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and just top the tranny off from the top while I have it all open anyway for the Update install...less messy that trying to squeeze through the b/u switch, I figure.

I know I was I was short 0.6qt but the tranny has been leaking for the past week, so i am clueless as to how much have I actually lost.

My question is-- Is there a way to ensure that the tranny is filled to the proper level from the top? Is the only safe/sure way to buy more RP, drain the whole damned thing, and just refill it with the 4.6qt?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in