better suspension for holding the turnes - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
better suspension for holding the turnes

I know there has been alot of discussion about traction problems under hard acceleration when drag racing and alot of info is out there about how wo reduce wheel hop. Drag racing is great but im more interested in road racing and am interested in finding out what products are out that will help me turn faster lap times and increase my lateral G numbers for better cornering at high speeds. I already know that tires make a big difference what im looking for is info on springs, shocks, sway bars, coil over. Basicaly I want to be able to hold 0.95G on a skid pad. Also does anyone know of a company that is making and exhaust kit that uses the stock mufflers, I mainly want to pull out alot of the kinks and restrictions out of the exhaust run. I would love all the help I can get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 12:26 PM

Tires are the main thing. Corner weight the thing too. On a skid pad, shock and springs will do much more than shocks will do...actually, shocks won't do a thing on the skidpad, unless it's bumpy.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braman'sGTO
I know there has been alot of discussion about traction problems under hard acceleration when drag racing and alot of info is out there about how wo reduce wheel hop. Drag racing is great but im more interested in road racing and am interested in finding out what products are out that will help me turn faster lap times and increase my lateral G numbers for better cornering at high speeds. I already know that tires make a big difference what im looking for is info on springs, shocks, sway bars, coil over. Basicaly I want to be able to hold 0.95G on a skid pad. Also does anyone know of a company that is making and exhaust kit that uses the stock mufflers, I mainly want to pull out alot of the kinks and restrictions out of the exhaust run. I would love all the help I can get.
I found a site that had a bunch of stuff for the goats..... I wouldn't recommend coilovers... on the "other site" they didn't have very good luck with them. I would go with slp springs, bmr strut tower bar, bmr subframe connectors, hotchkis sway bars, poly bushings, sticky tires, and maybe QA1 adjustable rear shocks...(not sure if they would help...), I stock 85% of what was listed and it would help a bunch!!!!!! Email me if you have any questions... and I'll get you that site as soon as I find it.
[email protected]

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 01:25 PM

I've heard good things about the yellow Koni struts...they are tunable...I lust for a set.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I had an X pipe made, it took out the center muffler and i replaced the mufflers in the rear...however, i kept the stock tips. he even kept the stock hangers, so the whole system looks stock, but i have a 3 inch X pipe that sounds awesome. i recomend doing it, if you want just take out the third small can just after the cats...wait, i think you have an 04 i have an 05...whatever, but its possible and it looks awesome.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 02:18 PM

BTW I've found that the Prothane polyurethane swaybar bushings as installed in my ride have really stiffened up the car, and have done much to arrest roll and more quickly damps out bumps. A set of swaybars F&R would go further to this end. Highly recommended.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
BTW I've found that the Prothane polyurethane swaybar bushings as installed in my ride have really stiffened up the car, and have done much to arrest roll and more quickly damps out bumps. A set of swaybars F&R would go further to this end. Highly recommended.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone installed the hotckis sway bar kit yet, I had a full hotckis suspension on a 71 cutlass but that had solid sway bars. Im not sure about these hollow bars, other than reduced weight do they have the same strenght as a solid bar?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Has anyone installed the hotckis sway bar kit yet, I had a full hotckis suspension on a 71 cutlass but that had solid sway bars. Im not sure about these hollow bars, other than reduced weight do they have the same strenght as a solid bar?
Theoretically, they are stronger.

I like that bar kit. Sweet.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 06:00 PM

Has anyone used the Eibach sway bars? I can get the kit (front and rear with bushings) for 299.00!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in