User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
PFZ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Body Control Module Manufacturer Discontinued

I've just gotten my car back from my mechanic after a 6 week fiasco trying to fix my failing body control module. We scoured the US, Australia and eBay looking for a new unit to install and it is apparently manufacturer discontinued. We used AES in Jacksonville Florida to "remanufacture" the BCM and they were worthless. I strongly advise you go else where if you need a remanufactured BCM.

My car is basically working now, but we were unable to get the hazard lights to work at all and the alarm system functioning as designed.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a legitimate "new in the box" BCM with the security code or a LEGITIMATE remanufactured unit that has the security code?

If not - how do we find someone to take up the cause and reverse engineer new Body, Engine and Security Control Modules? My car is in perfect running order mechanically and there is no reason in the world that it's one blown circuit board from becoming a boat anchor.

Gotta say I'm VERY concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Former Super Moderator

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Welcome to the forums.
I've used "N.P.C. Automotive Computers" before with good results, though not for a GTO body modules. If you call them to inquire try to have the part # ready.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Hopefully you've read the sticky on BCM wire bundle chaffing and have it insulated. It could have been what caused the trouble to start with.

2004 Blk/Rd M6
6.3 litre LS1

Built and tuned by svede
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in