Canned Tune for LS2 GTO - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Canned Tune for LS2 GTO

Hello. I am thinking about buying a Diablo programmer for my M6 GTO. Bad investment? I am not ready for the heads, cam, LTs and dynotune route. I was thinking about keeping it simple for now so I am thinking Diablo. I can only get 91 octane and my performance mods are catback and CAI. Any advice would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM

I installed the Diablosport and did feel a difference in acceleration, plus it got rid of the annoying skip shift. I also have a catback and CAI. Plus it gave me better MPG when i'm not flooring it! I don't consider it a waste of $
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLONED View Post
I installed the Diablosport and did feel a difference in acceleration, plus it got rid of the annoying skip shift. I also have a catback and CAI. Plus it gave me better MPG when i'm not flooring it! I don't consider it a waste of $
Is it 91 or 93 octane in your area? My only concern is that I would need to use octane booster with every fill-up. Concern about crusting up my spark plugs or doing harm to my oil when using an additive that often.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 10:30 AM

93, but you a have a choice between the 91 and the 93 tune.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLONED View Post
93, but you a have a choice between the 91 and the 93 tune.
Really?
That feature probably just sold me one!
Thanks for the help.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 01:39 PM

worth the 300 dollars

I re-used my predator from my old car. The skip shift part is worth the bucks. You can also put custom tunes in depending on whether or not its stock or modified, if you have an automatic you can tighten up the shifts also. There's an awful lot that can be done for a couple hundred bucks.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Freddy Kaye View Post
I re-used my predator from my old car. The skip shift part is worth the bucks. You can also put custom tunes in depending on whether or not its stock or modified, if you have an automatic you can tighten up the shifts also. There's an awful lot that can be done for a couple hundred bucks.
I don't have an auto. Hopefully the 91 octane tune will be an improvement over stock tune. I just placed my order about an hour ago.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

The 93 tune is installed. Starts quicker. Same fuel econ so far. Have not really got on it to see if it barks louder in second yet. I am trying to decide on a good octane booster. I will probably use one of the Permatex NOS ones. Off road, Street, or the MaxStreet if I can ever find it.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinskiGTO View Post
The 93 tune is installed. Starts quicker. Same fuel econ so far. Have not really got on it to see if it barks louder in second yet. I am trying to decide on a good octane booster. I will probably use one of the Permatex NOS ones. Off road, Street, or the MaxStreet if I can ever find it.
Are you running 93 or 91 gas? I'd be very careful of engine knock running the 93 tune on 91 gas. I have 93 in my area but keep the tuner in the trunk just in case I ever have to fill up with something else.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattirewilly View Post
Are you running 93 or 91 gas? I'd be very careful of engine knock running the 93 tune on 91 gas. I have 93 in my area but keep the tuner in the trunk just in case I ever have to fill up with something else.
I am running 91 gas. I used Lucas octane booster with one fillup and NOS racing octane booster with this fillup. No knocks, but I think those are overkill and their MMT at that strength might damage my O2 sensors and cats with constant use. I will probably use NOS street and check for knocks, or I will give Gold Eagle's 104+ a try because it doesn't have the MMT and their site says the Maximum Formula has twice the booster of the regular formula.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in