Car/Tranny is kicking my azz , getting really upset - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Car/Tranny is kicking my azz , getting really upset

Put the convertor in a week ago with new front seal ,leaked alittle,,pulled it the whole frickin tarnny again today put a fresh seal this time from NAPA double checked to be the correct one,,put it back together and now it leaks ten times as much.. I give up.. I have done at least ten convertor swapsin my life this is the first time this crap has happened. Only thing left is the convertor which is a new TCI ..
20 hours of labor in it so far and now I am stuck without a car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 09:12 AM

Is it the convertor seal or the front pump seal? I've never heard of this happening, but I do feel your tranny pain..... I've been driving a new Chevy 1500 truck with a 6.0 in it, what a friggin' slow p.o.s.!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

The one I changed is the front seal on the snout of the pump.
I have been told the front pump bushing could have gone bad due to bad machining on the convertors part,

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
The one I changed is the front seal on the snout of the pump.
I have been told the front pump bushing could have gone bad due to bad machining on the convertors part,
Very true....
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

dropped off the tranny at a shop,they are gonna get new bushing,seal from the dealer and leak test the convertor and mic the snout. Couldnt think of anything else. Should be done tommorow.. I have now pulled the tranny 3 times in less than 7 days. This time it took me 2hours to have it out and on the ground. I hope its a REALLY long time before I have to do it again.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Well after 3 times in and out,new bushing,new seal,bla,blah,blah it still leaks. Only thing left is the TCI so back it goes.. I am so sick of laying on the floor smelling tranny fluid its not even funny.. Now I am stuck at least a week waiting for new converter with no car..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Well after 3 times in and out,new bushing,new seal,bla,blah,blah it still leaks. Only thing left is the TCI so back it goes.. I am so sick of laying on the floor smelling tranny fluid its not even funny.. Now I am stuck at least a week waiting for new converter with no car..
TCI Convertor ...... that sucks!!!!!!!!!! I just got Fatbitch back today, she's working fine and shifting properly!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

It sucks the sweat off a dead goats balls...
Its also blocking the exit of my shop so I cant get my tractor or other car out unless I pick everything up and take the car off the stands and push it out.
Did i mention one of the times pulling it out tranny fell on my chest..How it didnt break my ribs Ill never know.. Quite the experience..

PS:I ordered a Yank,,mainly becuase I actually got the guy on the phone and he will rush mine thru+throw in overnight shipping (get it in less than a week)
Everyone else wanted 10-14 days to get me a custom built one. Hope its better built..

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 10-05-2005 at 01:15 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 05:07 PM

Quote:
It sucks the sweat off a dead goats balls...
Its also blocking the exit of my shop so I cant get my tractor or other car out unless I pick everything up and take the car off the stands and push it out.
Did i mention one of the times pulling it out tranny fell on my chest..How it didnt break my ribs Ill never know.. Quite the experience..

PS:I ordered a Yank,,mainly becuase I actually got the guy on the phone and he will rush mine thru+throw in overnight shipping (get it in less than a week)
Everyone else wanted 10-14 days to get me a custom built one. Hope its better built..
I've got a HUGE scar on my left shoulder were a tranny out of a 1959 Ford Thunderbird fell on me, it hurt and I cussed a lot! Yeah, Yank is a badass convertor, pricey, but very nice! Hope you get this fixed cause you sure are going through a hell of a time! Good luck to you and keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in