CNC Ported & Polished LS6 Heads... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CNC Ported & Polished LS6 Heads...

I'm looking to upgrade the heads & cam in my 2004 GTO, and I'm wondering who out there in the performance world (LPE, SLP, MDMC) gets the best flow numbers and HP increases over stock on there CNC Ported & Polished LS6 Heads & cam packages.

I want the car to still be streetable...

My ultimate plan for this car is to upgrade to headers, then cat-back exhaust, then the heads & cam, then a blower.
Phantom2004 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:31 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom2004
I'm looking to upgrade the heads & cam in my 2004 GTO, and I'm wondering who out there in the performance world (LPE, SLP, MDMC) gets the best flow numbers and HP increases over stock on there CNC Ported & Polished LS6 Heads & cam packages.

I want the car to still be streetable...

My ultimate plan for this car is to upgrade to headers, then cat-back exhaust, then the heads & cam, then a blower.
Dart just released a head for the LS1 and they look (and flow) bad ass! Pm me for pricing, I gaurantee it's cheaper than anyone else!
GTODEALER is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do the DART heads flow better than CNC ported and polished LS6 sets?
Phantom2004 is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 04:54 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
save the money and get the blower first...you will have to change the cam if you do the heads and cam first..plus the blower will give you the greatest thrill
yellow04gto is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 09:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom2004
Do the DART heads flow better than CNC ported and polished LS6 sets?
Yes they do....
GTODEALER is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 05:53 PM
EDC
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
Yes they do....
I have to ask...

Since these heads are not yet released, how can you say they flow better???

Ed
EDC is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 06:39 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to interupt the post, but,...

Can you just do the heads without the cam?

Is it the mind set that if you are going to spend 3k on heads why not spend 4 hundred and do the cam too?

If we went with aftermarket heads only on an 04 could you get 30rwhp out of it?
StocktonRaider is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:11 AM
EDC
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonRaider
Sorry to interupt the post, but,...

Can you just do the heads without the cam?

Is it the mind set that if you are going to spend 3k on heads why not spend 4 hundred and do the cam too?

If we went with aftermarket heads only on an 04 could you get 30rwhp out of it?
We've seen actual GTO combos that bolted on a set of AFR 205 cylinder heads (having good exhaust already installed) picking up about 40-45 "peak" RWHP with great average Tq across the board...

Real World:

A stone stock M6 2004 GTO with 289 "peak" RWHP picked up to a 401 "peak" RWHP by bolting on a set of AFR 205 heads, a very small custom camshaft, long tube Kooks headers and a ported OEM TB. A twin to it, with less than 1500 miles, made 398 RWHP with identical mods. Both tuned by the same shop, the same week.

Why do a cam-head swap at once? It's worth about 60 more rwhp over heads only!

Ed
EDC is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:29 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDC
We've seen actual GTO combos that bolted on a set of AFR 205 cylinder heads (having good exhaust already installed) picking up about 40-45 "peak" RWHP with great average Tq across the board...

Real World:

A stone stock M6 2004 GTO with 289 "peak" RWHP picked up to a 401 "peak" RWHP by bolting on a set of AFR 205 heads, a very small custom camshaft, long tube Kooks headers and a ported OEM TB. A twin to it, with less than 1500 miles, made 398 RWHP with identical mods. Both tuned by the same shop, the same week.

Why do a cam-head swap at once? It's worth about 60 more rwhp over heads only!

Ed
I agree, and to answer your previous question I know a guy that works at DART (that's how I found out about them) and the prelim. testing #'s are better.....
GTODEALER is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if that is the case(401rwhp) heads and cam seem like a much better deal than a supercharger, and you can tell people it's stock!
StocktonRaider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome