connecting an I-Pod into the GTO RADIO - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
connecting an I-Pod into the GTO RADIO

Has anyone connected an I-pod into the factory radio? I was wondering about a connection that is wired directly into the radio. The inexpensive portable transmitters do not have quite the performance I am looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 07:41 PM

I woefully used one of the transmitters for my iPod up until yestereday. Yesterday, I got my factory radio pulled out and had a Pioneer AVIC-N2 installed, along with an iPod adapter. Now I have a wire that hooks up underneath my iPod in my glove box, which charges the iPod and has a direct digital connection to the music, and well as allows me to control and see what I'm playing from the radio itself.

I'm not sure if Blaupunkt has a solution like this, but doing a quick google search could help you find what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor
Has anyone connected an I-pod into the factory radio? I was wondering about a connection that is wired directly into the radio. The inexpensive portable transmitters do not have quite the performance I am looking for.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 10:32 PM

Hey I Stall,

Do you have pics of your dash with the aftermarket dash installation? I've been considering replacing my stock unit because I find it woefully underpowered regarding the volume and the FM stations seem to much weaker in signal than other systems I'm used to.

Any suggestions for other options that will nicely in the GTO dash would be helpful also.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Stall Automatics
I woefully used one of the transmitters for my iPod up until yestereday. Yesterday, I got my factory radio pulled out and had a Pioneer AVIC-N2 installed, along with an iPod adapter. Now I have a wire that hooks up underneath my iPod in my glove box, which charges the iPod and has a direct digital connection to the music, and well as allows me to control and see what I'm playing from the radio itself.

I'm not sure if Blaupunkt has a solution like this, but doing a quick google search could help you find what you need.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 AM

I use Monster's radio transmitter...works better than the others, but still not "as good" as I'd like it.

dk
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 09:48 PM

When I first got the GTO, I started looking at an I-Pod connector. I couldn't figure out how to do it, so I went to Tweeter. They looked at it, and said the same thing...No Way.

Forgot about it for a while, but I hate the radio, and got tired of listening to the same cd's. (Always meant to bring new ones into the car...) So I just went for a Sirius unit. Don't want to get into a discussion of Sirius vs. XM. I like the Sirius content, which is a matter of taste (no, I'm not a Howard Stern fan), but went more for the unit.

Had a Sirius Starlite installed by Tweeter, in the storage compartment below the radio. It looks factory, and when the compartment cover is closed, you can't see the unit. Totally stealth. If I could figure out how to post the pix, I would.

I usually don't like anyone working on my car, but after speaking to the installer, I felt that he really knew his stuff. He did such a good, clean install, that I also tipped him. It's so hard to find good people. Trust me, it's worth the $75 to have someone install the unit who really knows what they are doing.

Anyway, looks great, sounds great, even with the wired FM modulator rather than a direct input. As you have already found out, there is no way to directly wire anything external into the crummy Blaupunkt unit.

As for EQ, I am using the manual settings, with the factory EQ off. Hate that rock, talk, jazz eq garbage. Everything sounds better now.

But the best sound of all is the throttle and exhaust...Makes my day.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:31 PM

Ipod Install

Looking for GTO audio installs, I came upon this.

Pretty clean IPOD setup - no info on the interface, but you can email the guy.

ShadesOfGrey
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questor
Unfortunately, there is no way to attach an IPod connection directly to the factory radio. (at least all the information I have collected told me I couldn't) Best bet would be to buy a whole new radio.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:42 PM

There is a complete tutuorial on LS1GTO.com on how to DIRECTLY wire an iPOD or other device into the GTO factory radio.

Chris White
www.GTOShiftLight.com
1989 Turbo Trans Am #70
2004 GTO M12 ProCharged
2005 G6 GTP Clone
2006 Trailblazer SS #1
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix
There is a complete tutuorial on LS1GTO.com on how to DIRECTLY wire an iPOD or other device into the GTO factory radio.

Where exactly on that site did you find the info??
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 03:53 PM

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...highlight=ipod

Chris White
www.GTOShiftLight.com
1989 Turbo Trans Am #70
2004 GTO M12 ProCharged
2005 G6 GTP Clone
2006 Trailblazer SS #1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in