crank sensor - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
crank sensor

for some reason the engine light comes on then goes of. when it comes on it might stay on for an hr or 2. i scanned it and it says crank sensor. ya think its on the way out or maybe the wire? car sarts up nice when its cold. a little slugish starting when hot

lingenfelter cai, vararam tb spacer, v/max ported tb, livernoise stage 2 heads with comp cam 232/232/.50 114 lsa. slp 1 3/4 headers high flow cats, x pipe, qtp cut outs, flowmaster mufflers. tuned by tt performance , highly recomended in n.j.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I'd inspect the wiring and if all is good, I might just replace the sensor.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Before I get jammed up here.....

***THIS HAPPENED ON MY WIFE'S NISSAN***

Her car started acting up when it was warm....I.E. driving on the highway....it would miss....then it just died. Set for 5 minutes started right up and drove fine. Thought not much of it, until it happened to die when she was on the highway. Got to side of road, set for 5 minutes and started up again, limped it to work, and sent it to the garage we use. It came back that it was the crank sensor....we replaced that and the cam sensor and we've never had another problem.

Have you ever thought that the people you talk to online are perfectly normal....and that YOU are the psychopath?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

will it also affect the trac lock off light? it goes on and off also. sometimes with the crank sensor and sometimes by itself

lingenfelter cai, vararam tb spacer, v/max ported tb, livernoise stage 2 heads with comp cam 232/232/.50 114 lsa. slp 1 3/4 headers high flow cats, x pipe, qtp cut outs, flowmaster mufflers. tuned by tt performance , highly recomended in n.j.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 11:12 AM

Other then the outright dying once the car was hot, it ran fine....nothing other then just dead. Again, this was on my wife's Nissan, so the electronics most likely are different, but it sure sounds like what happened in my wife's car....sounds like you are pretty early on, I'm positive hers was happening WAY before she actually told me about it.

Have you ever thought that the people you talk to online are perfectly normal....and that YOU are the psychopath?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

now my tps light went on. god damm. maybe the tune has something to do with it? i just had it tuned and a new tranny installed with a tune

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
tps light?? the new GTO has a dash light for the Throttle Position Switch?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

sory. my engine light went on and i scaned it and it said tps. today the car almost didnt start

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

your going to love this. i went to virginia and my car died out there. i was still getting the engine light comming on indicating crank. but also tps, and then smart alternator. took it to a shop close by. they found that the alternator died but that the computer wasnt sending sygnals to the alternator. i had to tow it to my tuner wich was the one that said if the car is running ok for now, just drive it , bring it back in a week untill he gets back. my question now is. can a tune mess up an alternator? could it be a bad ground wire? or because the car idles rough because of the cam , can the welds come loose or crack in the ecm? ALSO. is there an ecm thats made to take heat and vibration due to a loopy cam. what a weekend for me . thanks guys. i think after i fix it , im going to sell her. im tired. i think i'll get an old car with just motor ,tranny, rear end ac. no computer. with at least 400 to the rear

Last edited by NEXSTAR7; 09-06-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in