DMS Suspension - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DMS Suspension

I bought my '06 GTO at the beginning of the month. I love the car, but I am really beginning to hate the suspension. It got DMS coilovers on front and lowering springs and shocks in the rear. I feel like I am driving a hacked up Honda Civic. Does anyone out there know much about the suspension. I am getting close to ripping out this crap and putting something different under it. Hopefully though I don't have to do that. I love the car but the suspension is taking away the joy of driving it. If anyone can help I would appreciate. I got the orginal book and installation paperwork. But not sure what coilovers it has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 PM

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Do they deal with DMS? It looks like it is just Pedders. I would like to see if anyone knows about the DMS before I pull it off.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 11:13 PM

PM Rob and see what he says. Aftermarket coilover suspension has a firm ride thats the nature of it.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I've ridden in lowered vehicles before. But this is ridiculous...it bounces like a basketball going down the road...sent Rob a PM
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 PM

Have you tried adjusting it? Or contacting the company for advice?

Last edited by GM4life; 09-29-2008 at 11:38 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 11:55 PM

Get H&R springs for your goat, it lowers the car approx 1.2". The material is superb, put it this way its the same type of springs found on bmw and amg mercedes. It takes out that annoying sway and gives the car a better handling. Got mine from tirerack.com cost me $265 to my door and I live in Hawaii. From my understanding pedders uses tein springs, which from what im told is to soft.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm4life View Post
Have you tried adjusting it? Or contacting the company for advice?
I adjusted it some. When I got the guy had put wheel spacers on it to keep it from rubbing. I contacted the company with no response. I am going to call a company in Colorado tomorrow that sells these kits. I was just trying to find out on the forum if anyone has delt with this suspension mainly. I am sure after some fine tuning it should get to the point where it works ok.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The intimidator View Post
Get H&R springs for your goat, it lowers the car approx 1.2". The material is superb, put it this way its the same type of springs found on bmw and amg mercedes. It takes out that annoying sway and gives the car a better handling. Got mine from tirerack.com cost me $265 to my door and I live in Hawaii. From my understanding pedders uses tein springs, which from what im told is to soft.
If I change out the suspension I would like to find a kit that had the factory height but still give me good performance. Thanks though...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM

DMS is a Pedders authorized distributor and installer. DMS is out of the SF Bay Area and I believe he works through Advanced Dyno. Could be that the previous owner did the install himself and made a few errors, or maybe the ride is just not your style? You in the Bay Area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in