Door locks/Alarm/Stereo - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Door locks/Alarm/Stereo

Sorry if this is a redundant thread, I'm just trying to figure this car out...

#1: Why can't I lock the doors using the console switch OR the lock knob if the driver's door is open? I pulled in the garage, locked the car with the keyless, came in the house, realized I forgot something in the car, unlocked the door with the remote from inside the house, then couldn't lock the doors with the button on the console or by physically pressing the doorlock knob down. Had to walk back to the other end of the house to retrieve the remote so I could lock the doors. What gives with this?? Why even put door lock switch in the car if it only works when you are inside the car and all the doors are closed? Is the only way you can lock the car from outside is with the remote?? Maybe I might need to lock my doors sometime but don't happen to have the remote with me, or maybe the battery in the remote died. Is there a way to override this feature? Seems really ignorant to me.

#2: Car was in the garage this morning, and I wanted to drive it to work. I always keep the car locked even in the garage, and for some reason I thought I would try the key to unlock the door instead of the remote. WRONG!! When I unlocked it with it's own key, it set the alarm off on the car, scared the heck out of me, and woke the family and 1/2 the neighborhood up at 5:30am. Took me several seconds to figure out how to shut the blasted thing off. Then the display said something like "alarm activated from driver's door". Why does the alarm go off when I unlock the car with it's own friggin' key? This seems really stupid to me... Heaven forbid you ever want to lock or unlock the car without the remote, whadya do, call a tow truck?

#3: This Blaupunkt stereo really sucks. The factory radio/cd in my Z-71 sounds 10 times better to my ears. I've fiddled with the amp settings, EQ settings, manual EQ settings, balance and fade, and it sounds like crap regardless what I do. It's either muddy and bassy or tinny. No happy medium that I can find. Cd's are crystal clear but still sound like crap. Not to mention the volume knob is on the wrong side of the stereo (obviously a throwback to the car's right-hand-drive origins), and I find myself grabbing the left a/c fan knob out of habit, thinking it's the volume... Any suggestions on a good replacement that will fit in the factory location, look correct, work with the steering wheel controls, and actually sound good?

KB

Last edited by kegbelly; 07-23-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

question 2. welcome to that club. there is no way around it.

question 3 we all think it sucks.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 08:05 PM

Might try this procedure from another forum:
http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17659

Stereo sounds good to me but my hearing had been damaged from loud rock long ago.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEZ GOAT
do you have 05 or 06?
Sorry, I should have clarified that. '06 M6.

KB
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegbelly
Sorry, I should have clarified that. '06 M6.

KB
got ya. i dont have an 06 with the door lock but
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 10:35 PM

wahts betta and m6 or an ls2 which is faster
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06GeeTeeOOH
wahts betta and m6 or an ls2 which is faster
Is this a trick question? I have a M6 LS2...so she's no faster than herself. I'm the weakest link.

I'm assuming you meant what's faster a M6 or A4...and that is a debate that will go on forever here. They are so close in stats (as far as I've read) it comes down to drivers. In my case, I'm quite certain that most competent A4 drivers will beat me in the quarter because I'm old and slow. Give me a GMM rip shifter and a six-pack of Red Bull, and we might just have a race
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV GTO
Might try this procedure from another forum:
http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17659

Stereo sounds good to me but my hearing had been damaged from loud rock long ago.
Thanks for the tip. I tried what he said, but I coudn't tell much difference. I had already turned the EQ off and adjusted my bass and treble manually, but still can't get a mix I'm happy with.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:36 AM

try turning the amp up to 3/4 power level and then put Bass on +2 or +3 and treble on +5 or +6...that may sound pretty good.

I'm planning on getting a separate 200 or so watt amp to power the car's speakers and then trying to reroute the factory amp so that it is just responsible for the factory subs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in