Drive by Wire/Throttle Body Sensor?! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Drive by Wire/Throttle Body Sensor?!

I use to love my 05 gto but since it has been untouched at the dealership for the last 7 days and with little hope the problem will resolve itself in the next week or two my feelings have changed a bit.

Anyone else have problems with the drive by wire/throttle body sensor, if so, I would love to hear how the problem resolved itself.

Right now as it stands Im either waiting for one of these sensors to show up somewhere or for it to be built in Australia

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 06:30 PM

When I bought my Z06 in Aug 01 it had a "sticky" point on some part of the drive by wire system. Can't remember if it was the throttle body or a sensor on the gas peddle. When I took my foot off the gas RPM would stay at about 2000 rpm frequently. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the part. Been working fine since then and I use mine pretty hard.

Hope they get it fixed for you soon.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

interesting... the dealership and gm have both told me their currently is no replacement part available, however, down the road, they will manufacture the part in Australia, at which time they will call me back and install it on my decommissioned gto. I'm starting to get a bit nervous.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 08:14 PM

that's a crock the ls2 is made here if it is the throttle body they should have it call another dealer and ask the parts guy yourself
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 10:12 PM

Had a problem today with my 05 the gas pedal assembly had to be replaced. I got a check engine light when I started it up and a degraded performance mode alarm. My dealer checked and there were no parts available on no date when they would be. MY dealer took one off a new car on his lot and put it in mine. they had to take the gas pedal unit out, took about 10 minutes to fix.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNX231
that's a crock the ls2 is made here if it is the throttle body they should have it call another dealer and ask the parts guy yourself
I agree, the throttle body assembly (with sensor) is readily available! It's funny cause I can't find a part number on the electronic throttle control sensor..... give me a little bit and I'll post back!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 10:07 AM

Theres been an open case for awhile for 2005's with faulty throttle pedal position sensors. Thats the part that isnt readily available, its the pedal, not the TB itself
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Hmmm, good form GTp... I'm going to ask the dealership later today to specify exactly what the problem/sensor is, once I find out ill post it, id do it now but I feel a bit guilty for the continued calls they have been getting from me.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 11:18 AM

Eh don't feel guilty, it's spring and it's a brand new car, I'd want to be out driving it too!!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 11:29 AM
HRJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonRaider
Hmmm, good form GTp... I'm going to ask the dealership later today to specify exactly what the problem/sensor is, once I find out ill post it, id do it now but I feel a bit guilty for the continued calls they have been getting from me.
I'm with GTP (cause I'm his bitch.....).......stay after them until its done......BTW, the part # of the pedal/sensor assembly is 92067194. Just in case the parts guy is a total tool.....

Last edited by HRJ; 05-13-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in