Dynoed my 04 today - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dynoed my 04 today

Before I start - I know this thread sucks with out a picture of the dyno chart -cant post it until Monday since I don't have a scanner here.

Now - there was a trailer dyno up at Etown today - Dynojet. I didn't plan on doing anything but spectating - since it was EVO vs WRX day. Any event decide to try out the dyno. The car was hot, hot, hot. The MAF tube next to the IAT felt as if it was well over a 100 degrees - so I figure the IAT was going to pull some serious timing (airtemp @ ETown was at least 85-90 degrees and humidity was at least 75% - another useless summer day in Jersey). Figured it was worth a shot see what a hot car would put down.

Bottomline is 2 runs (no cool down) - not great but

Max HP 281.8 & 282.2 (held 275 & up from 5200 to 6000 cut off)
Max TQ 316.4 & 312.1
A/F (sniffer in on tail pipe) - 12 to 12.3 except for a 11.5 around 3800 rpms.

Since this is the first time that I have put the car on a dyno - I assme the figures should have been a lot better if the IAT wasn't pulling timing all over the place.

Got about 7,800 miles on her right now.

Just to see how long the IAT stayed hot - I went out after an hour when I got home and checked the IAT temp with the preditor. About the same time it sat at ETown with the hood closed. It is about 10 degrees cooler at my house and the IAT was still recording 130 degrees - so I figure it pulled a few degrees of timing when we dynoed it.

Gotta love black cars sitting in the sun - could fry an egg on that hood right now.

Next week ETown is having one of their GM EFI days - we will see what the times are. If they are way off my best of 13.57 - I am going to start trying figure out what the issue is.

Setup is:

2004 GTO Phantom Black, A4, Pedders Cross member Bushings, SLP sway & end link bushings, Koni Rears, RWTD Tune, Shaner S1, HSV 300KW tube & Monaro 2 hole CAI. Stage 1 Sports Appearance Package

13.57 full street trim with just tune, tube & cross member bushings

2004 Black, A4, (aka the Black Demon)
390ci AES low compression
PB 1.611, 11.732 @ 115.22, DA +1,973 @ 4,005 lbs
1.566, 11.585 @ 116.22, DA +960 @ 4,010 lbs (Nasty Headwind)
1.538, 11.352 @ 119.16, DA -2,340 @ 3,960 lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhour
Before I start - I know this thread sucks with out a picture of the dyno chart -cant post it until Monday since I don't have a scanner here.

Now - there was a trailer dyno up at Etown today - Dynojet. I didn't plan on doing anything but spectating - since it was EVO vs WRX day. Any event decide to try out the dyno. The car was hot, hot, hot. The MAF tube next to the IAT felt as if it was well over a 100 degrees - so I figure the IAT was going to pull some serious timing (airtemp @ ETown was at least 85-90 degrees and humidity was at least 75% - another useless summer day in Jersey). Figured it was worth a shot see what a hot car would put down.

Bottomline is 2 runs (no cool down) - not great but

Max HP 281.8 & 282.2 (held 275 & up from 5200 to 6000 cut off)
Max TQ 316.4 & 312.1
A/F (sniffer in on tail pipe) - 12 to 12.3 except for a 11.5 around 3800 rpms.

Since this is the first time that I have put the car on a dyno - I assme the figures should have been a lot better if the IAT wasn't pulling timing all over the place.

Got about 7,800 miles on her right now.

Just to see how long the IAT stayed hot - I went out after an hour when I got home and checked the IAT temp with the preditor. About the same time it sat at ETown with the hood closed. It is about 10 degrees cooler at my house and the IAT was still recording 130 degrees - so I figure it pulled a few degrees of timing when we dynoed it.

Gotta love black cars sitting in the sun - could fry an egg on that hood right now.

Next week ETown is having one of their GM EFI days - we will see what the times are. If they are way off my best of 13.57 - I am going to start trying figure out what the issue is.

Setup is:

2004 GTO Phantom Black, A4, Pedders Cross member Bushings, SLP sway & end link bushings, Koni Rears, RWTD Tune, Shaner S1, HSV 300KW tube & Monaro 2 hole CAI. Stage 1 Sports Appearance Package

13.57 full street trim with just tune, tube & cross member bushings
We have come up with a wheel hop solution, email me at [email protected], we can go over a couple or options...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks GTODealer - will do, anything to "Stop the Hop" (Pontiac's new theme song)

Sent my dyno chart over to James & John @ RWTD - John said that the A/F needs a little adjustment. Should have a new tune in a day or so (just in time for Etown saturday). Told me also not to get too crazy about the HP & TQ numbers given the heat soak/humidity and the fact that it was a trailer dyno. The important piece was that I finally got an A/F for them.

Love these guys

Can't post the actual PDF file for some reason. Will try to do it in the gallery

2004 Black, A4, (aka the Black Demon)
390ci AES low compression
PB 1.611, 11.732 @ 115.22, DA +1,973 @ 4,005 lbs
1.566, 11.585 @ 116.22, DA +960 @ 4,010 lbs (Nasty Headwind)
1.538, 11.352 @ 119.16, DA -2,340 @ 3,960 lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in