Electronic throttle hesitation - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Electronic throttle hesitation

I have a 06 gto its had what I would call a pretty signifigant hesitation from when you step on the gas to when the engine roars its not giving any codes. I tried cleaning the throttle and throttle body thats ok and is working fine. has anyone noticed that or had that issue resolved. I don't have anything to compare it to other than a 07- Z06 vette I was in drivers seat working the gas pedal. the electronic throttle on that was dead on just instantaneous response from pedal to engine. I'am not saying my $30 pontiac should be a $70 Z06. I just dont think its right or working properly.any help would be great thanks. Its the same cold or hot.6spd didn't know they made auto

Last edited by sheldon; 02-05-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Is your GTO an auto?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

6spd 24000 mi I cleaned throttle body again but sprayed a little white lith at hinge points of throttle it seems a little better it still seems off though sheldon

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 PM

clean the maf also

<-- Guess which ones quicker?.....Nope! Not even close.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Cleaned MAF sensor when I cleaned the throttle body & there is still hesitation. Maybe I should order electronic throttle for a same yr Z06 if it fits. I'm sure its cost prohibitive being an upgraded performance version Corvette. That alone makes it three times more at least.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 01:44 PM

Do you have anything you can monitor with? Maybe you're getting knock, maybe your throttle is not registering WOT. You really need something to monitor what's going on. If nothing else, take it for a tune before guessing at stuff.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 01:43 AM

I have the exact same problem sheldon. I have an 06, manual, only 10k miles, and since the time I bought her she has had the same hesitation you described. It's like there is a lag between when the ecu registers throttle pedal movement, and when the ecu starts moving the throttle blade. Easiest way to explain it is the ECU is sampling to slowly. Nobody else has noticed? Snap the throttle and you will notice it's not crisp. Would love to know how to fix this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

How much is a tune & who does a good job ? I've seen a HP Tuners VCM Suite Tuning& Scanning Tool for around $500 would it be economical to buy one of these verses taking it in somewere. Is that a good brand tuner & or price or can anyone recomend something else I think if I take it in somewere its going to cost alot Im a old school mechanic never got into much of computer stuff for cars and Im a hack hunt n peck on my laptop sometimes wanting to just smash the thing! So are these tuners user friendly or what ? Boostinall I'll let ya know when I figure it out
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_V View Post
Do you have anything you can monitor with? Maybe you're getting knock, maybe your throttle is not registering WOT. You really need something to monitor what's going on. If nothing else, take it for a tune before guessing at stuff.
You mean, have a look at live data. Even TPS can be off... if I remember correctly HPT registers stock TPS output some where beteween like ~6-88%, but the claim is that full 5 volt signal is a PCM reference to see if the circuit is working...
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 11:53 PM

Not a 100% shure, I think the throttle response can be adjusted thru HPTuners. My wifes G8 is the same way with the delay. I've driven 6QTS11OZ's GTO and his throttle response is instantous.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in