Exhaust Cut-outs. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exhaust Cut-outs.

When I used to run with the F-Body crowd a lot of guys had exhaust cut-outs. Are these popping up on GTOs, are they a viable option? I don't really plan on getting one as I would like to have a full exhaust installed to look and sound great, but i was curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 05:53 PM

Electric only

The whole choice is up to you, however I will try to give you some advice. I have had the cable operated cutouts, and the ones that you actually have to crawl under the car and cap them yourself. The cable operated ones NEVER sealed completely, EVER. I hated the sound of the exhuast leaking from the cutouts, so I had those removed and good old regular flowtech cutouts installed. It was alot of trouble to uncap and recap them, but they never leaked until I finally blew the cap gasket out. The gasket lasted about 6 months, so that wasnt too bad. However, my friend had the electric cutouts and no matter what, every time they sealed and sounds perfect. Now they are quite expensive, but I will be purchasing them here in the near future. Now the exhaust choice is yours, but I do have full exhaust on mine and I will getting the SLP longtubes next week. My system is pretty quiet for normal driving because I have the Loudmouth 2 system, but once I hit the switch and open the cutouts, then EVERYONE can hear me.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER2
The whole choice is up to you, however I will try to give you some advice. I have had the cable operated cutouts, and the ones that you actually have to crawl under the car and cap them yourself. The cable operated ones NEVER sealed completely, EVER. I hated the sound of the exhuast leaking from the cutouts, so I had those removed and good old regular flowtech cutouts installed. It was alot of trouble to uncap and recap them, but they never leaked until I finally blew the cap gasket out. The gasket lasted about 6 months, so that wasnt too bad. However, my friend had the electric cutouts and no matter what, every time they sealed and sounds perfect. Now they are quite expensive, but I will be purchasing them here in the near future. Now the exhaust choice is yours, but I do have full exhaust on mine and I will getting the SLP longtubes next week. My system is pretty quiet for normal driving because I have the Loudmouth 2 system, but once I hit the switch and open the cutouts, then EVERYONE can hear me.
you have pro flow not loudmouth 2.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Well after looking around at exhausts I think I may just go with the cut-outs. Does anyone know where a good spot is to pick up a set of Electric Cut-outs? I want the car to be quiet most of the time. I am going to install a CAI on the car too. Will the car be ok to run a CAI and cut-out without having to re-tune it? Will it run fine if I only open the cut-out for a race from a stoplight or would I need to give the computer a few miles to adjust?

One more question, my mods list will be CAI, Cut-outs, and shifter, which should give me a few more horses and help with the shifting. Are there any other Mods I should consider that won't void the warranty but will give me some good gains? I would like to liven this thing up a little more but I don't want to get expensive and I NEED to keep the warranty in tact because that is the whole reason I bought the car. I need something to get me through my senior year of college and my training in the Navy for a few years after I graduate.

Thanks guys,
Mike
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Bump, anyone?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04gtolover
you have pro flow not loudmouth 2.
You're both wrong, it's a POWERFLOW..... good god Kenny if you're going to correct someone at least do it correctly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in