factory computer settings - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
factory computer settings

I tried restoring my factory settings after running a program. It said factory settings restored, now my car won't start. It says it cannot find my vehicle data when I plug my program back in. Is there anywhere beside a dealership where I can restore my factory settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 11:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to raven1124
What program are you running?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

It's the diablosport predator III program. I didn't do any custom tunes. The program just isn't reading my cars computer. I restored factory settings. Then when I went to restore the programmer settings just a couple of minutes later, it wouldn't read. I figured, oh well, I'll just wait until Monday and call Diablosport. I went to start the car, and nothing. All of the accessories work, but the car wont start. No noises or anything. Messages appear on the panel...Change oil soon, service vehicle soon, contact dealer....

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 12:30 PM

I've had problems with the diablo too. When I was trying to download a tune it would get to 99% complete then just stop and restore my factory setting. I finally ended up calling them and had to upload the newest update. That may be your problem. What version are you running?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

The Diablosport predator III for 2005 GTO. I loaded the preset Diablosport settings. Is there a way that you know of that I can get my car reflashed to the manufacturer settings without having to tow it to a dealership?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 03:44 PM

Dang, I'm just not sure what to tell you. I would disconnect the battery cables for a few minutes and hook back up and see what happens. I would defiantly call Diablo and tell them what's happening though.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Yeah. I thought about disconnecting the battery cables. I'll go down to my garage and run through it in an hour. Im just not ready for frustration this early in the day. I have the week off work to coast highway 1 to LA and then to Vegas, and my GOAT doesn't want to go. My Monte Carlo has been in the shop for 4 months, and my Caddy windows just got busted out by baby mama. Just sold my Chevy Prizm and Van. Im stuck with no vehicle to drive. I don't want to rent one because that defeats the purpose of me driving. I like to drive my own sh!% if you know what I mean. I had it all planned out. Install CAI and headers, make sure program is running good, and hit the coast!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee
The Diablosport predator III for 2005 GTO. I loaded the preset Diablosport settings. Is there a way that you know of that I can get my car reflashed to the manufacturer settings without having to tow it to a dealership?

Hey Benshee, I feel your pain. BELIEVE ME! I am assuming that you have an 05 GTO correct?

I had a problem when I tried to upload an 05 program into my 06 GTO, It got to 3% and stopped, and then wouldn't up load my old config. I didn't start my car for 5 days.

I called Diablo Sport, explained my problem and they said to send them the Predator (w/my VIN number) and my PCM(out of the GTO), They flashed my PCM to the newest GM updates AND reflashed my Predator with the Factory/91Octane/(and)Diablo Tune.

I'm good to go now...

PM me if you need help or more info

Spice Red 06
11/05 build
VolantCAI
IXiridium Plugs, 10.4 Taylor
GMM
Pedders StreetII+ (1/2" drop)
Hotchkins Swaybars
Full AMSOIL & RP
JBA Shorties/Cats
MagnaFlow w/Xpipe

soon: DBA 4k XS Rotors, RedStuff
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:09 PM

Dang, I uploaded the preditor tune to my car and can't tell any inprovement at all. Now listening from hear i'm afraid to try to flash back my stock tune.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertr2000
Hey Benshee, I feel your pain. BELIEVE ME! I am assuming that you have an 05 GTO correct?

I had a problem when I tried to upload an 05 program into my 06 GTO, It got to 3% and stopped, and then wouldn't up load my old config. I didn't start my car for 5 days.

I called Diablo Sport, explained my problem and they said to send them the Predator (w/my VIN number) and my PCM(out of the GTO), They flashed my PCM to the newest GM updates AND reflashed my Predator with the Factory/91Octane/(and)Diablo Tune.

I'm good to go now...

PM me if you need help or more info

Yep, same thing with me. I had a older version on mine and it actually dynoed about 8 hp less than my stock tune, using the diablo tune. Plus, like i said before, it would get to 99% after we changed some timing and it would say that it was unable to complete the download and then it would restore my factory settings. It did this about 3 times before we called them and updated the newer version. After this, with the diablo tune, it gave me about 6 or so more hp. After some adjusting, we were able to gain a total of 14 rwhp from the diablo. Not too bad, just a huge headache getting there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in