Front end noise - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Front end noise

I need anyones help on this because even the the mechanics at pontiac are going nuts. In the font end, driver side wheel only when I turn left it sqeaks. If Im coming off an exit where there is a decline and turn it will sqeak until I straighten out, but only on the left side not on the right. I brought the car in Monday and the dealership has been running all types of tests on it because they can't find what the problem is. They said they tried lubing joints, checked bushings and parts but can't find anything wrong with it. My car 2006 m6 has 13,244 miles on it, I drive this car only on the weekend pretty much and I drive it with respect. The dealership is going to be running a nation wide search to see if anyone else had this problem and that will be pretty much all they can do they said, so I might be getting my car back the same way. If anyone has an idea of what it can be so I can tell them to check it out, please let me know. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Notice any wet spots on the strut? Anything bent? Brake shoes making contact with the rotor? Rotor warp? With the wheels turned the whole way to the Left can you get under car and look for any metal to metal contact coming from anywhere? Check on top of the strut mount in the engine bay for any signs of wear on the bushing or looseness that when the car is flexing to the Left it will rub?

Just some ideas.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
It sounds like it may be brakes to me. Check the caliper slides and replace the pads with ceramic ones is were I would start.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiacovo View Post
I need anyones help on this because even the the mechanics at pontiac are going nuts. In the font end, driver side wheel only when I turn left it sqeaks. If Im coming off an exit where there is a decline and turn it will sqeak until I straighten out, but only on the left side not on the right. I brought the car in Monday and the dealership has been running all types of tests on it because they can't find what the problem is. They said they tried lubing joints, checked bushings and parts but can't find anything wrong with it. My car 2006 m6 has 13,244 miles on it, I drive this car only on the weekend pretty much and I drive it with respect. The dealership is going to be running a nation wide search to see if anyone else had this problem and that will be pretty much all they can do they said, so I might be getting my car back the same way. If anyone has an idea of what it can be so I can tell them to check it out, please let me know. Thanks guys.
I may be WAY OFF the mark on my guess, but a few years ago the front end of my car would make a funny noise when on and off the gas mostly when I was turning left. It was a loose Drivers side motor mount. In your case it really sounds more like a brake or strut problem. If you can. Put your car on a lift or lift up the drivers side tire using a jack. Once the tire is up in the air , place one hand on the very top of the tire and put the other hand on the very bottom of the tire. Rock the wheel back and forth in a IN & OUT motion to feel for any excess play . If there is any movement you may have a suspension problem , remove the tire and check the strut for rub marks and check it inside wall of your tire for rub marks. Hope this helps.

447 CI forged stroker [ 7.3 liter ] 6 Bolt main caps
Holley Modular Mid rise Intake Manifold.
F1 Procharger ,

Just way too much to list,

Last edited by LOWET; 08-29-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in