User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Justice
Future Plans

Ok, I'm wanting to know some things about the cars we have and the aftermarket that's available.

1. Hoods. I've seen some aftermarket that I like, but kinda don't like. What sources of hoods do we have out there? (I would even take an 05 hood over the plain 04 hood that I have). I really like the functionality of AEM's hood, but it doesn't thrill me.

2. Body parts. I like some of the 3rd party front facsia's But not wholly.. I can find problems with them all. I like AED's Front valance, but I'm not giving up the fog lamps for it. I like AP's valance that keep sthe fog lamps, but the chin spoiler/air dam is too low for my liking. Are we really THAT limited since this is mainly an Aussie car?

3. Exhaust. Are side pipes and issue with this car? I really like the idea of getting a scavanging effect for the pipe. How hard and expensive is it to switch out the full system for a good set of headers, pipes and mufflers? I really would like to go 05 styled dual, instead of the 04 styling. (I hate the 2 pipes on one side) Am I allowed to change the CATs on it for HP versions? I've heard that technically, it's illegal to do so if the cat's did not fail.

4. What engine updates can be done for better performace without having to perform major surgery to the car? And do I need to have the computer reprogrammed?

Ideally I want the car to breathe well. In and out, smoothest and highest flowing without having to resort to charging. Nitrous is not something I want to do either. I also want a louder than stock exhaust, but not really loud as to piss of the neighbors or to catch the cops attention 2 miles away. (that actually happened to a friend of mine)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 02:43 PM
big_mike

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I will answer in depth when I get home.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 03:12 PM

Avoid AP like the plague...horrible customer service coupled with incredibly poor workmanship and a lack of quality control.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
Avoid AP like the plague...horrible customer service coupled with incredibly poor workmanship and a lack of quality control.
That's really discouraging since I'm like 20 min from them... Oh well..
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 04:10 PM

chiggity check it out

Side exhaust.....

Link to the info....

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48689
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 04:23 PM

I'm liking that more and more....... can you imagine what my car would sound like.........
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
.... good God I couldn't agree more!! I want that rear bumper w/o cutout but I saw it installed on a car and wanted to cry....
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
I'm liking that more and more....... can you imagine what my car would sound like.........
....like something Hendricks Racing would be interested in.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvania Goat
....like something Hendricks Racing would be interested in.
We had a 2003 ZO6 owner come in looking at 05's today, one of the salesman was arguing that GTO's were decent cars, the salesman brought him back to me and we started talking. He said all he has seen is stock GTO's and he didn't think there were very many mods available for them. So, of course I showed him Fatbitch and started it up for him, he wanted to race me until I told him the rwhp and his jaw dropped, I took him for a ride around the block and now he's up front ordering a 2006!! Sometimes my job is so fulfilling.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 09:13 PM

Justice, If you're that close come by and see our products for yourself. We're finishing a customer's Barbados blue 04 with Shaker hood, center stripe, front fascia, side skirts with exhaust, rear spoiler and rear bumper on Monday (12.5.5)

I'm not gonna try our hide our past. We now make all of our parts in house and quality is no longer and issue, niether is the lengthly delays we where faced with before. In addition we don't charge until a part is shipped or received (if picked up).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in