Ok...I've had this problem for a long time now and finally got it fixed under warranty, or did I...
Randomly, when shifting out of Park or into Park the speedometer jumps to 100mph and it starts beeping loudly.
1. One year ago or longer - dealer could not duplicate problem.
2. August '07 - 5 1/2 hours in the waiting room! Dealer removes cluster, finds defect - will call when part arrives.
3. December '07 - go in for an oil change, inquire about the gauge cluster; PART NEVER ORDERED, whoops - "sorry sir, we have to remove the cluster AGAIN to get the part number off the back of it". Are you kidding me? No part number in the system?!
4. January '08 - drop off the car so they can remove the cluster to get the part number (again). Car gets returned to me; cluster on order arrives in 4 days. I thought this was fishy since I know the parts on this car take forever to locate and receive.
5. This week - Monday - drop car off again in the morning, 8am - I get a call at 11:15am - "Hi sir. Your car is all ready!" I pick up the car around 5:40pm and the odometer has 404 lLESS miles on it! I assumed this meant that the gauge cluster was in fact changed.
6. Today - Shift from Park to Reverse - *BEEEEP BEEEP* 100mph! WTF!!!!!!!
Did I get 2 defective clusters?
Was the cluster NOT even changed?
Is the cluster NOT the real problem?
The sh!t that they put me through - First having me wait over 5 hours in the waiting room to find out there was a defect - Never ordering the part - Making me drop the car off to get the cluster removed a second time to obtain the part number a second time - Bringing the car back again to drop off to replace the cluster - Problem still there -
That's ok, when I bring it in again I'm telling them not only to FIX this problem but to replace my headlight switch because it doesn't light up any more (except for the extreme left portion of the switch) and my PRND321 doesn't light up anymore.
I am reaching the point of insanity. Any thoughts or suggestions?