getting boosted - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
getting boosted

well, after a year of searching my 04 m6 will delivered on monday to redline motorsports in CO to have a custom single turbo and stage 2 heads installed. it's a 2,000 mile one way trip from MA but the customer service has been well worth it. the setup will make upwards of 600 whp but it will be tuned to a safer 500-550. if anyone has any comments let me know. it's an ongoing project for the next year while i'm in korea so any suggestions on future mods would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 03:21 AM

Turbo LS1's are AWESOME!! I tried to convince my friend Jared to skip on the blower and turbo his Z06... but a blower just bolts on and he is a wuss haha. (but it still makes killer power with a D1SC... 561 on a "break in" tune as he put it.)

Definitely get some numbers up when you get it back!! For future mods... forged 402, a BIG cam, and some AFR 225's. Oh and a bigger turbo . 1000whp or bust!!!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 09:17 AM

Nice! congrats!

My advice would be to upgrade the turbo NOW! Get the biggest one they have. Usually the upgrade will only cost $1000+/+, and would cost you alot more down the road to change it. My experience is that you may very well get used to the 600rw after a while and you'll want 700, then 800.. etc.. So why not plan for that now if you can swing it.

Also, boost controller. Why detune to 550 all the time, when you can have a switch that you can flip from 500 to 600!

Really NO sure thing as a TUNED safer. Just make sure they tune it CORRECTLY. Which it sounds like you KNOW they will.

I look forward to the pictures and number!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 11:50 AM

Sounds awesome! If I may ask how much thats going to set you back? Where abouts in Korea?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

a greddy profec b 2 will be installed.. with probably a 7 and 10 psi tune. the car is my daily driver so as of right now i don't want to get too carried away. plus i will need to upgrade the a forged shortblock before i regularly play with 600+ rwhp.....
i'm stationed at camp humphreys...bought the car 2 weeks before i got here then extended...so two years before i get to get behind the wheel again....
thanks for the replies
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 09:17 PM

I'll be going in Dec. to the 18th MEDCOM in Seoul. What do they give you for extending to the 2 years?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 09:36 PM

Hey, I was wondering if it is at all possible to get just a really small turbo and put just a few lbs of boost into the LS2? I was thinking it would be cool to get a small turbo, like stock 1.8t Jetta size turbo, and run stock compression with 3-4lbs of boost or less. Is this possible with the engine set-up or not? I realize it would be a lot of work but I would also not want **** breaking all of the time.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

there are already kits being designed for the 05 gto.. aps is on the way with one....and if i'm not mistaken the sts will work... it really just matters on the tune.. for the street the compression won't set you back too much
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

scot from rms/trc took the car on the 26th...
the plans are to place the turbo where the airbox is now located.. that helps with the aftermarket hood i guess.
they plan on manufacturing a kit after the fabrication is done. so there will be a new option for us goat herders.
he plans on 600rwhp....but i don't want to fry the internals so closer to 500-550. i was told 5-6 weeks for the install, i will post updates as i get them
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow04gto
scot from rms/trc took the car on the 26th...
the plans are to place the turbo where the airbox is now located.. that helps with the aftermarket hood i guess.
they plan on manufacturing a kit after the fabrication is done. so there will be a new option for us goat herders.
he plans on 600rwhp....but i don't want to fry the internals so closer to 500-550. i was told 5-6 weeks for the install, i will post updates as i get them
That sounds good. Keep us updated.

Huge front mount ic as well? fuel system upgrade?
Will it be upgradable for more power?

As info, as well as pictures appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 2004-2006 GTO > Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in