Pontiac GTO Forum banner

To go K&N or Not to go K&N

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ROBSGTO 
#1 ·
I'm a new owner and I've heard so many good and bad things about K&N filters mine came with one and I have always used them in my Camaros but I'm thinking of going back to stock,a boost in hp really doesn't matter with a 6.0,but the factory air box is gone ?s,does anyone make a cone filter that is not oiled and what are your opinions on the k&Ns,I know people that have had trouble not just with the oil but too much junk getting through too but I'm just trying to get a broader perspective.Ya owned camaros all my life always wanted a goat and wow I still can't get around how much fun this car is to drive just off the charts and a"real"sleeper

#2 ·
KNN drop in filters are proven to gain less then 1 HP. Not worth the money unless you buy their hole intake. I like mine.

The filters are OK for the cars, its the people that over oil them that dirty their MAF.

#4 ·
K&N filters are like most cotton gause filters. I've used K&N filters for years on every car I've owned without problems. Do aftermarket filters flow more than stock, yes. Will the debate go on about filtration ability, yes.

I wouldn't just stick a cone filter on your engine, thats worse than the stock airbox. You need some type of aftermarket "C"AI setup. Sticking a cone filter is just going to draw in hot engine heat. Look around on ebay for a stock airbox.

#8 ·
Green USA air filters are what yall need to look into. Watch these 2 vids about there filters.

Videos

ill go with k&n tube and box and replace filter with green filter.

#9 ·
All those cone type CAI's don't really do anything like they say they do and are a waste imo.I just have a K/N drop in which I bought for $13 shipped brand new off the other forum.

I'd buy a Vararam or a Svede OTRCAI if you don't want to go back to the stock box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.